A Summons - Chapter 2

The girls walked up the granite stairs, the large overhead roof providing shade from the sun.  They pushed their way through the huge oak double doors and into the foyer, pausing for a moment when they saw just how many people were there, shocked even more when they discovered they were all women.

“What on earth?” Jean muttered, looking around her with wide eyes.

Everywhere there were woman, in all different shapes, sizes and colours. Red hair, black hair, blonde hair, purple hair all bobbing up and down as they spoke to the people around them.

“What’s going on?” Marie asked quietly, staring at a particularly obnoxious girl nearby.

“No idea, but we’re going to find out.” Vix said lowly, pushing her way through the crowd towards a booth that was manned by a couple of men in the same type of suits from before.

“Name please.” One of them asked when the girls approached, eyeing the huge dog standing behind Vix with a watchful gaze.

“Vix Storm.” She replied, staring at him. He plugged her name into the computer and nodded his head.

“You’re checked in. Next.” Jean and Marie did the same and before too long the girls were officially in the system.

“What is this all about anyway?” Vix asked one of the butlers, raising an eyebrow.

“The kingdoms heirs are in need of a queen.” The man replied as way of an explanation.

“Okaaaay.” Jean said. Vix just frowned, but span on her heel and left the booth, allowing the women queuing behind them access to check in.

Shuffling back through the crowd to the edge of the room, they leaned against the back wall, Marie and Jean beginning to chat while Vix crossed her arms and surveyed the room, glaring at anyone who came to close. Tank cottoned onto her mood and sat on the ground beside her, adopting the position of a statue of a guard dog. Vix rubbed his head absent-mindedly, staring at a set of plush red curtains along the opposite wall.

Her perceptive eyes picked up movement, the curtains fluttering slightly like there was a wind behind it, until a pair of shiny black shoes were sticking out from under it. Vix watched curiously as the curtains flared suddenly before an earth shattering rip cut across all the conversation, silencing the room. The material had ripped as something had grabbed on to it, unable to sustain the weight and everyone watched as the red silk revealed three young men, paused with horrified looks on their faces and a fourth hidden inside the squirming curtains on the floor. The man closest to the red worm kicked it, a loud swearing following immediately after. The men looked shocked and scared, their faces draining of colour as they stared over the sea of women, before suddenly a loud chiming laugh filled the air. Vix was doubled over, her arms wrapped around her stomach as she tried to contain her mirth, but she couldn’t help it, the guffaws wouldn’t stop coming and the tears wouldn’t stop flowing. Vixs laugh was followed by others, and soon most of the women had joined in, much to the relief of the men, the fourth having unwrapped himself with the help of his brothers.

“Ah, welcome everyone, welcome.” The man on the very left greeted, his deep voice booming through the room. The laughter subsided and the men smiled, pleased to have captured the attention. It seemed they had for more than just the announcement though, Vix could see the women around her swooning of the attractive male specimen, their mouths parted with, in some cases, saliva dripping from their lips. 

Whilst Vix’s reaction wasn’t quite as visual, she did feel the immense attraction  towards the males, particularly the third one, who was searching through the crowd for something, his eyes never lingering for longer than a couple of seconds. Vix frowned, as his gaze began to travel closer to her and she started to panic. Without meaning to, she stepped to the left, behind one the girls and ducked her head down, watching as the man travelled past her, obviously not finding what he was looking for.