The Run

As I ran I hard the sirens of the police chase me, with only my phone, my Swiss Army knife, £1.36 and my sling shot. As much as I wanted to go back and grab my notebook, I knew that was impossible.
           As night fell I could see the lights from my house switch off, one by one. Now that everyone was asleep I could climb up into my room, which is on the first floor. I jumped in the window, I grabbed my emergency box containing:
•A backpack.
•My Notebook and pen
•My phone
•My phone charger
•Food
•Water
•A bunch of clothes from my wardrobe.
•My Swiss army pocket knife with 20 uses.
•Mr. Chuck
As I left I felt something was missing then I thought
"Oh Shit" I had forgotten my cat  Crusty. He's black with blue eyes, he's the most beautiful cat I have ever seen. If he left my parents wouldn't notice, I'm pretty sure they think he's dead. The only thing that he needs from them, is his small 50x50cm basket which - helpfully - has a handle on it. But this was stored in my parents' room. So here I went, I risked everything and as quietly as I could opened the door, it quietly creaked open, but that was enough to wake my mother up, as I tiptoed through the kitchen and climbed up the breaking stairs I saw her, at the top of the staircase. I lay there on the stairs as still as possible not sure if she had seen me or not. But as I heard her dial nine, nine, nine, I knew she had seen me. So I did what every 12 year old in risk of being sent to Juvie, I ran up the stairs, pushed my mother to the side, making her fall. She looked at me in awe holding up the cross on her rosary and repeating the Hail Mary over and over. I felt something inside me die as I looked at my own mother crying because of me! But I knew that there was no way out so I ran into her room grabbed Crusty's basket by the handle and ran out of the door.