Chapter 1

It was the summer after my sophmore year in high school when my simple life had....should I say...took a dramatic turn. A couple years back my parents had gotten a divorce. I kind of just went with the flow and tried to forget about it...until my mom met another man. They had met over the internet, (I know, pretty sad right?). Anyway, one hot summer day when I had just woken up, my mom decided to tell me that we were moving. We were moving in with the man she met OVER THE INTERNET.

"Liz," my mom sighed before she continued, "I know this might be hard for you, it's especially a lot to take in..."

"Mom, please." I cut her off. "Please don't go and get all emotional on me."

"Liz! Just listen." I didn't want to hear it. I just wasn't in the mood for any serious news at the moment. I was trying to block her out but she was brought back into my attention when I heard her say, "We're moving..."

I was in shock. In absolutely no way did I want to move. I was completely happy with my simple life living in Ohio. Sure, it isn't the best state, but it was my home. How am I going to tell my best friend Kate? She'll be devistated. We were best friends since the 3rd grade and now we probably won't even get to see eachother anymore! So many things were scrambling around in my mind. Oh! And what about my dad? He doesn't have custody of me anymore..but he might not like the fact that I'm going to be moving out of the house that I've lived in for my whole life. I still write him letters once in a while. I can't wait to tell him about this one... I was so angry at my mom. I was ready to scream and cry and beg her to stay.

"I can't believe this! Why would you even come up with such a stupid idea?" I had a stern tone to my voice. I was absolutely furious.

"Honey, I know it's going to be a bit hard for you..." I could hear the pitty in her voice for me. But she didn't care. She WANTED to move. She doesn't understand at all.

"Yeah! Obviously it's going to be hard! I do not want to move. Hell no! I'm staying right where I am!" I couldn't even let her talk. I didn't want to hear it. I just wanted to run up to my room, slam the door shut and cry into my pillow until I can't cry anymore.

"Calm down and let me explain!" I decided to let her talk. I wanted to know exactly where we were moving.. "Ever since you're father and I split, it's been financially hard for us." Ugh, yeah I know that. She continued, "As you know, I have been in an internet relationship. The man is very nice and we are getting very close. We think it's time to meet eachother face to face. Unfortunately, he lives all the way in California. Huntington beach to be exact. If we move there with him, we won't have to pay our monthly payments on our house anymore once we get it sold. So we are moving into his house at Huntington Beach."

Ummm, what? Did she just say we are moving in with some man she met on the internet? He could be a murderer for all we know! She's crazy!

"Mom, have you gone nuts? You don't know him! We could get there and he could just snatch us up and slit out throats." I think she has officially lost her mind.

"Chill. He is very nice. His name is Matt and he told me that he is very exited to meet us both. We've video chatted multiple times so I know he's not fake."

"Umm okay Mom. Thanks for ruining my life" I said as I slowly walked up to my room. I felt like this wasn't even real. I never in a million years thought that this would happen. I decided to start packing up some of my things as I dreadfully thought about how it will be in California...

Aurthors Note: Ok guys that was my first chapter of my very first book/fanfic thing! I hope you liked it and that you will continue to read!(: This was just kind of a short intro chapter. It was kind of boring but I had to start it like this so you know what's going on. She'll meet Keaton in the next chapter dooonn''tt worrryyy haha:P I'll probably update this tomorrow if I can because I'm exited to write what will happen next!