Chapter 13

Continued...

"I love you.", he said once more as he leaned closer and kissed my forehead.

I hugged him again and snuggled into his chest.

This was the place where I always wanted to be.... in his arms...

But..

I am scared.

I am scared of experiencing that pain again.

I wouldn't be able to take it again.

"Jacob?", I mumbled into his chest.

"Hmm?", he said holding me closer.

"I want to talk to you.", I said and slowly pulled myself away from him, so that I could look at him.

"About?", he frowned.

"About us.", I said and looked down at my hand.

He brought his hand below my chin and made me look at him.

"I know Eva. I know you are not ready. I know it's difficult for you to forget what I said that day. But.. but please forgive me.", he said gently, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

I was shocked to know that he knew excatly how I was feeling.

"And it's okay if you need time Eva. I am ready to wait until you are ready. Ready for us.", he said and smiled at me.

"I want to forgive you Jacob. I really want to. And I can't tell you how I really love you. But I am scared. I am scared of experiencing that pain again. I am afraid I won't be able to give you as much as you want. I am afraid I won't be able to trust you again.", I said, my last sentence barely audible.

He looked at me for some moments.

Did I offend him?

I looked away, not sure if I could take what was coming next.

"I understand.", I heard Jacob say.

He undertands?

He cupped my face and made me look at him right into his eyes, with a small smile playing on his lips.

I knew he wasn't happy with what I said but he was trying. Trying for me.

"Eva, I made a mistake that day and I know it can't be forgiven so easily, and trust me, I think I deserve it.", he said and paused.

         He took a deep breathe, leaned closer and touched our foreheads. I closed my eyes trying to compose myself.

"All I want you to know is, that I am here. I am here to wait for as long as it takes for you to trust me back. And I am going to do my best to gain it back. I can't loose you Eva. You are my lifeline and I will wait for you, even if it takes my whole life for you to forgive me.", he said.

His words were so raw, and so full of emotions, it was impossible for me to not believe them.

He was here with me.

And he was ready to wait.

"I love you Eva and we are going to chase our love back.", he said.

With what he said as the end, I knew we were going to make this happen, together.

"I love you to Jacob.", I said wrapping my hand around his waist and felt him place his chin on my head.

We stayed like that for moments until we heard a knock on the bedroom door.

"Am sorry I am disturbing. But I need to talk to you both.", George said entering the bedroom.

●●●

Heyy, I am sorry this is a small Chapter.

Please continuing reading and showering your love.

Vote and Comment.

I love you guys. ❤❤