Chapter 15

A week later...

              After Jacob whinning for almost 3 days in a row, George gave him the permission to walk a little because he knew Jacob was not going to give up. According to George, Jacob was recovering. However, he instructed me to still keep an eye on Jacob so that he doesn't stress himself too much.

            A lot had happened in this week. A lot had changed. I and Jacob had become close again, there wasn't any awkwardness now. He had accepted the fact that it will take time for me to forget that awful day and that I need sometime to forgive him too. He never really started the conversation about being in a relationship again, for which I was glad because frankly I still don't know if I am ready to talk about it. But he surely kept flirting, and shooting some cocky remarks in order to get a reaction, but I always laughed it off and he didn't mind. He was willing to wait and this is what I was glad about.

"Morning," I greeted Jacob, tieing my hair into a bun above my head while walking towards the kitchen.

              He was sitting on the couch working on his laptop. His disheveled hair and his morning stubble that looked amazingly sexy, made me stare at him for few moments while his eyes were concentrated on the laptop screen and a small frown forming on his forehead. I immediately felt an urge to go and straighten that frown and brush his hair behind which were falling on his eyes.

           I was soon interrupted from my thoughts when Jacob greeted me back still looking at the laptop screen.

I was a little disappointed that he didn't look at me as he was too busy working, but I wouldn't complain, because I had seen him stressing over work in last few days a lot. His absense from work for days had lead to a lot of pending projects that he had to complete.

              Jacob was an efficient man, he didn't have to work hard to get his work completed. He was smart enough to complete everything effortlessly. Right now, to see that he was stressed was an unusual thing, so I decided to not push him too much.

"Do you want some coffee?" I asked him from the kitchen.

"No, thanks. I had asked Mary to make it for me while you were asleep," he answered.

"Oh," I said trying my best to hide the disappointment in my voice.

"She also made some pancakes, they are in the microwave. She said she'll be here by afternoon to prepare lunch," he said typing something on his phone.

"Okay. You took your medicines?" I asked switching on the coffee machine.

"Yaa," he answered.

I came out with my coffee mug in my hand and sat on the couch beside him and switched on the TV. I kept glancing at Jacob every now and then, but everytime I found him either typing something on his laptop or on his phone.

After sometime, when I thought of starting a conversation with him, I noticed that he was dailing someone, so I went back to watching TV again.

"Will you please lower the volume? I am on a call. Please?" he asked me politely and wen back to talking on phone again after I nodded.

I sighed, switched off the TV and went back to my room after placing my coffee cup in the kitchen sink.

I heard my phone ringing on my side table when I emtered my room. I immediately grabbed it and looked at who was calling me.

Nina.

"Hellloooooo sweetheart," Nina said in her usual chirpy, proactive voice, as soon as I answered. A smile crept on my face when I heard my bestfriend's voice after almost a week.

"Hello Nina," I said smiling.

"Looks like you've forgotten your best friend after you moved in with your jerk ex-boyfriend again," she whinned.

"How did you know? Weren't you in Europe?" I asked her.

"I came back yesterday and decided to surprise you. But guess what I was the one who got the biggest surprise. Jacob was shot? Is the news true? Please tell me he is dead.", she said without breathing in between.

"Ninaaa!", I laughed and rolled my eyes.

Nina knew about why I and Jacob broke up and from that day itself she had started hating Jacob. Best friend after all.

"What? Don't 'Ninaa' me! I so wish he was dead, I was anyways planning his murder, after what he did with you."

"Nina, are you sure you want to go to jail because of him?", I giggled.

"Okay okay.. well you are right. I don't want to spoil my energy planning anything for him. Anyway, how is he now?", she asked.

I knew my best friend too well. Although she looked tough and mean from the outside, she was the biggest softie inside.

"He is fine."

"I heard you have moved in with him. Why? When? And why didn't you tell me about it? Have you forgiven him already?", she started with her interrogation.

"Calm down Nina. How many questions are you going to ask me?"

"Okay okay. Why don't we catch up today? Let's meet at our usual place?"

"Umm.. but I have to stay at home. I have to take care of him."

"He is a big man Eva. He can take care of himself."

"Nina, I have promised Mrs. William that I would stay with him all the time. I don't want to take a chance with him. He is extremely careless about himself."

"Eva, come on, just for sometime? I miss you. Please please please please?", she started.

"Okay okay, fine.", I sighed.

"Then see you in an hour?", she asked.

"Yes"

"Babe, I Love ya", she laughed.

"Love you too Nina.", I hung up.

I decided I would keep checking on him every now and then to be sure he doesn't need anything.

I quickly showered and changed into my denim jeans and my baby pink round-necked crop top and tied my hair into a pony. When I walked back into the living room, I found Jacob still working on the laptop.

"Jacob?"

"Hmm?", he responded not looking at me.

"I am going out."

"Okay.", he said in a montone.

What? Will he not even ask where I am going?

I rolled my eyes at his response and walked towards the door.

"Jacob, I'll be back by lunch. If I am not, please don't forget to take your medicine. I'll call you to remind you. Okay?", I said before stepping out.

"Okay."

"And Jacob, please don't stress too much. It's not good for you.", I told him.

"I won't Eva. I am fine, don't worry.", he simply said while looking into his file again.

"Please call me if there's anything urgent.", I said but he just nodded.

Frankly I was a little irritated now, but who am I to even complain.

I sighed and left the apartment.

●●●

Please Vote and Comment. ❤❤