Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Unedited

"I didn't take you for a rule breaker, Miss Williams." His voice echoed in her ears as Aurora looked up to see the air hostess explaining in sign language about what to do if they can't get enough oxygen.

She rolled her eyes as she switched off her mobile, keeping it down. "Are you going to be this annoying the entire ride? Cause I plan to relax rather than tense up for the meetings." She spoke throwing him a pointed look.

Reece rested back as a deep chuckle erupted from his chest, causing her heart to flip a little. His seat was just next to hers and that had taken her by surprise.

Usually, they travelled by different flights at different timings. She preferred the ones where she could work the entire way and when she would actually reach the place, she could crash and prepare herself for the next few busy days. He preferred the ones where he could go and enjoy in the new city to get the initial excitement out and taste the basic cuisine of food and women before he could focus only on the project.

Their systems worked differently. She was oil, he was water. She was black and he was white. The two didn't just blend in without any struggle.But there were loopholes for that too. Everything in this world had loopholes and tiny mistakes that would give up every secret there ever was.

And though, she knew it would be different this time considering the recent developments, she didn't know that he would be sitting right next to her.

" I know quite different ways to relax but I'm not entirely sure if you are into the air hostess type."Reece replied as he stretched back, making her cheeks flame red.

"For that matter, I'm not into any types." Aurora replied as she felt the airplane start to move. She wasn't afraid of it. Thankfully, it was few of the things she didn't fear, maybe because she trusted the heavy metal carrying her too much or the fact that dieing due to a plane crash didn't seem too harsh.

It seemed almost painless compared to the other ways she knew.

"I've given that a thought too. But you seem far too flustered to not have a type. As far as I know, you are into the predictable and easy type."He replied, his face at ease. So, he was also not scared of flying. Too bad.

"You know nothing."She snapped at him. "And I definitely do not have a type." She added,looking straight in his blue eyes.

The beautiful sea of blue she always envied.

"Mike Fodder. Grade Ten. The princess finally decides to show the world she is not gay and dates a guy who ends up being gay after six months. The Easy. Senior year. Charles Benley. The nerd who loved everything you loved. Predictable." He spoke as she looked away, out to the terrain of clouds they were travelling on now.

To the terrain she wished she could get lost on.

"You know nothing." Aurora repeated softly, shaking her head slightly. In a way, it was both the truth and lie. He knew too much at the same time he knew nothing. How was that even possible?

"You have never had someone challenging you. Someone igniting you to the point where you couldn't burn any stronger. Someone pushing you to your very extreme limits until you can't better yourself any more." Reece said, his voice feeling like soft lace and sharp thorns at the same time.

"And you have had that with all the different girls you use?" She questioned, wanting his words to sting him as it stung her right then.

His smile didn't crash and his eyes didn't reflect. "I've had it once with one woman and it burned me to the point where I couldn't even recognize myself."

Aurora stares at him, her throat feeling dry. Who was he talking about? And why didn't she know him.

The silence was cut off by the air hostess as she came smiling towards the two, her green eyes fixed on Reece. "Anything I can help you with?"

"Some coffee would be helpful. For now." Reece replied with a charming smile as the air hostess flirtatiously smiled at him, before serving him his coffee.

Aurora looked away, sighing loudly as she rest her head back and looked out the window.

Reece looked at her sleeping figure, as her chest rose and fell softly with every breath she took. His mind wandered to their previous conversation, after which she had continuously ignored him till she eventually fell asleep.

He knew he had managed to rattle her, to force her to the very edge but he had let himself get carried away too. That was not in the plan. It wasn't supposed to happen. He was supposed to unravel her, layer by layer, till she was vulnerable and fragile in front of him. He wasn't supposed to share.

Suddenly he felt restless in his large seat and the sight of her sleeping,looking so beautiful and innocent seemed to annoy him even more. The lights had dimmed and he saw the air hostess from before, eyeing him with a mischievous smile.

She should be enough to get him back to relax.

He stood up as he walked towards her, making her giggle as she entered the inner workroom. Reece wrapped his arms around her waist and tugged her up on the white counter, as she smiled down at him, tossing her hat away as her blonde hair flowed down.

Before she could speak, he caught her lips with his. He preferred if she didn't speak right now and she gladly complied with it.

***

The flight soon landed and taking a cab, the four reached their hotel. It was a five star hotel where the conference was to be held. Aurora always loved hotels. The thing about being In a new room thrilled her. It was strange, but she liked it anyway.

She saw Reece talking to the receptionist,his charming smile making her swoon. She didn't have time to bear with his flirting, she was already way behind in this project and it annoyed her to no extent.

She walked up to them and pressed her hand on the counter as both set of eyes looked at her. "Are we done?" She asked, looking at Reece and the receptionist. "Lydia was just telling me how she only has two rooms for this night."Reece spoke as he looked at her intently.

"We'll have two rooms available tomorrow but not for tonight, I'm afraid" Lydia added with an apologetic smile on her face.

"And we are taking it. "Reece spoke as she nodded, summoning the bellboy. "How are we going to make it work?" Aurora asked him and he smiled.

"You and I and our pretty little assistants together. I can't really sleep in the same bed with my assistant. That would be immoral of me, plus, since we are dating, I am sure you don't mind." He stated as she gaped at him.

"I am not sharing the room with you."Aurora spoke sternly as he leaned in, and the smell of honey and perfume wrapped her.

"Don't tell me that you are going to be a baby about it. Predictable and easy."His voice was mocking and the way her eyes widened, he knew he had won yet again.

***

A/N: We've reached 1K! I can't thank my readers enough! Thank you for all the reads, votes and comments!

What do you think about the recent developments?

I also changed my main genre to Romance cause it seems more apt for that than teen fiction!

Anyway, vote,comment and like!