Introduction

"The sound of people drowning are something that I cannot describe to you, and neither can anyone else. It's the most dreadful sound, and there is a terrible silence that follows."
(Eva Hart: second class survivor, lifeboat 14)

"The dead came up holding children in their arms. The poor never had a chance."
(Mary Davis Wilburn, lifeboat 13)

"To my poor fellow-sufferers: My heart overflows with grief for you all, and is laiden with sorrow that you are weighed down with this terrible burden thrust upon us. May God be with us all and comfort us all.
(Eleanor Smith, widow of captain Smith.)

"I am sorry to say there were more bodies than there was wreckage."
(Able Seaman Joseph Scarrot, lifeboat 15: Testified at the British enquiry.)

First things first, I would like to show my gratitude to any and all readers who have taken upon themselves remembrance of this historical tragedy. Thank you all. Furthermore, it is my wish to impress upon you the importance to consider this literary undertaking as a fiction. Many historical names are referenced herein. In addition, many fictitious characters are also found among these pages, without which there would be no story.

In truth there is no factual conspiracy, however I felt it something of a responsibility to write about this terrible and most grievous event in the best way I know how, fiction. I hope you enjoy this story.

To create this book, many hours of research was applied. At the end of this book, I will have a list of names indicating the factual from the fictitious. Remember the factual for what they went through, remember me only for my fiction. Without further ado: A "Titanic" Conspiracy.