Death...kind of

The last thing he remembered was a simple tavern inn. He simply said the wrong thing around an undead. Next thing he knows he's being stabbed and thrown through a window.

"Dumb undead, stupid mortal body, stupid...bleeding! Why doesn't blood know it needs to stay inside?! That's not shit you can teach." He said limping down an old cobblestone path.

His clothes were stained with blood and his skin grew pale as he continued on, spewing obscenities all the while.

"It's not my fault some undead stink, it's literally something that happens when you die! Guess I'll know soon enough." He groaned and came to a stop swaying back and forth. "Well if I die I die." He said before falling face first into the dirt.

"H-hello?" A female's voice sounded. "Are you ok sir?" She asked

"Nope." He stated plainly, his face still in the dirt. "Sort've dying. You know that thing that happens when you get stabbed six times."

She giggled. "I'm sorry but I wouldn't know how that feels."

"Oh so you're a smart ass too! Just let me-" he stopped cold as he looked up to see a young woman with large feathery wings and a small layer of pudge covering her body. "Oh holy shit it's an angel."

"Close but not quite." She giggled again and kneeled beside the dying man. "My name is Angelica the Goddess of Mercy." She gently placed a hand on our hero's head. "Now shall we do something about that 'dying' thing you're going through?"

"Y-ya that'd be nice." He said still stunned at the Goddess' beauty.

Angelica gently took the man in her arms and placed his head on her breast allowing him to hear her gentle heart beat. She began to mutter a strange language and the man began to feel weaker, as if he were falling asleep.

She stopped and looked down at him. "Now what is your name young hero?"

"James." He muttered weakly, his breath grew weak and less frequent.

"James, you have been chosen by I, Angelica the Goddess of Mercy, to receive the gift of immortality in exchange that you shall forever serve the holy Trinity of Goddesses." She stared down with gentle golden eyes, as a few locks of her silky lavender hair shades James' face. "Do you accept my gift and our newfound contract?

James chuckled and coughed. "I don't have a choice do I?" He asked weakly. "What the hell, I'll accept this deal. Better then dying on the roadside."

She giggled and leaned her face closer to his. She drew so close that James could feel her gentle and want breaths on his skin. Finally their lips met and his world faded into darkness.

This is chapter one, and I assure you the next will be longer. This was merely to set us off and get our main character a backstory.
Now let's see what happens to him in chapter two with this new job.