Finale

I didn’t say anything until I heard yelling downstairs in the foyer. My mother and I got up and run downstairs to see Joshua wrestling with some guards. Seeing him lighted up my world- he had came for me. “STOP STOP! I know him its ok” as the guards let go Joshua comes closer hugging my tightly and lifting my off the ground just a few inches. “I need you; Lilianna and I’ll do whatever it takes to be with you”. He put me on a cloud- he truly did love me. “I WANT HIM OUT OF HERE NOW! We are mourning for the loss of Lord Charles and he shouldn’t be here” my grandmother ordered and the guards obeyed. Joshua looked at me, and I knew exactly what he wanted to say, and without hesitation I said yes.

Two days past since Charles death and his fortune was all mine, but none of that mattered to me, I wanted Joshua. As the paperwork came to a closing I went to my mother’s room. “There are words I’ve wanted to say since I was little; I’m my own person and I will never be like you I do not let money come in between of what I truly deserve. Money isn’t everything.” I turn around to walk out; I pass my grandmother and kiss on her the forehead. With a foot out the door I turn around “oh, and I suggest both of you start packing, all my life you have stripped me of what I deserve, so its time I return the favor”

I sprint down the halls making it out the front doors and past the main gate. I arrive at Joshua house to quickly jump in his arms and cry out tears of joy. Thinking that things were done my mother soon arrives my grandmother and 3 cops as they bang on the door one of the officers yell out that Joshua was being blamed for kidnapping me… my mother just didn’t know when to quit we ran out the back door and headed towards the woods hoping we would lose them, but we were wrong.

With every 2 trees we passed the cops and the witches who destroyed my life seemed to get closer. Running for freedom we hit a dead end. It over looked beautiful mountains, you could see the birds fly by. It was an amazing site; we quickly look at each other realizing we didn’t have much choice left. With my mother and the cops getting closer with every breath I took, we pulled each other close and kiss ever so passionately.

“What are you doing NO!” my mother soon enough arrived behind us. “Leave me alone you witch, all my life has been to make you better, and I’m sick of it. You forced me to do things just because YOU were the selfish one, you made me believe that I was wrong. When in reality you were.” “You ungrateful child, go ahead jump everything you have will be mine anyways, so go jump!” feeling accomplished she stood back gesturing me to jump. This was finally the moment; the moment that I finally could make my own decision; and my decision was love.

With my eyes still focused on my mother, Joshua and I walked backwards inching closer to cliff. I look at mother one less time and pull out a roll of paper from under my dress and threw it towards the cop’s feet. Before he could read what it says Joshua and I leaned back and let gravity do the rest. My mother might have let greed control her life but I didn’t let it control me. The papers basically stated that in my death everything that I owned would be donated and absolutely nothing belonged to her or my grandmother. Money isn’t the key to happiness, and now my mother will always live with the memory of losing her only child for the love of money.