Chapter 2

"Slow down, Han! We have plenty of time to catch up," Emily exclaimed. Hanna had begun to ramble about her life in New York with Caleb and couldn't seem to stop herself. When she finally took a breath, she looked down at her engagement ring and smiled. "Hey, let me see that." Aria motioned towards the ring and Hanna held out her hand. "Looked bigger in the Facebook post a few months ago," she snorted as she teased her friend.

All the girls laughed, then had a moment of silence as they reflected on the situation in front of them. They were all together, in Rosewood, sitting at The Brew. It was as if nothing changed in the past five years and they were still the rebellious, crime-stopping teenagers that they were a while ago. But they all thank god every day that that part of their lives are behind them.

"Let's go take a walk," Spencer suggested. All girls agreed and collected their bags off the sofas as they walked towards the door.

As Spencer pushed the door open, all the girls followed her like a trail of ducklings would follow a mother duck. It was no joke to the girls that Spencer was the mom of the group, but they wouldn't have it any other way.

While they passed Rosewood's all-too-famous church, Leon's Cupcakes, and a few antique shops on the adjacent roads, they ended up by the park. Aria was the first to walk over and take a seat on one of the creaky swings.

"It feels like we're still in middle school, like when we would come down here and sit on the swings for hours and talk," Emily said.

"I remember we would talk about our crushes and who we thought would end up dating who," Hanna laughed. "My money is still on Aria and Noel."

Aria looked at Hanna then down to the ground where she was kicking the wood chips with her vibrant pink heeled boots. Her fashion may have stayed the same but her love interest hadn't. She dated a guy right before she started college, Liam, but it didn't last long. Aria could still find her thoughts wandering back to a specific somebody who she shared a special connection with in high school; and it wasn't Noel Kahn. Her mind still tends to float back to him from time to time, but she doesn't let it distract her. Or she thinks it doesn't.

"I have an idea!" Hanna exclaimed, breaking Aria out of her deep thoughts. "Let's go back to my house, we could get changed and order in, it will be just like old times!"

"That sounds nice."
"Sure!"
"Why not? I have nothing else to do."

The girls started their walk back to The Brew where they could hop in their cars and drive to Hanna's. Little did they know that choosing between a chick flick or comedy movie would be the least pressuring decision that they'd have to make that night.

Authors Note:
Hey guys! So I know this chapter was pretty boring but I have to have a few in the beginning so I can really start the I plot of this story. I also have a question for all of you guys. I want to know if you could comment your age in this chapter because I have some "scenes" planned out and I don't want to write them if this story has a young audience. If no one replies then I won't include any in the story! Thank you!😊