Chapter 1

It was almost ironic how all the sounds in Rosewood somehow managed to end up occurring simultaneously. The screech of a taxi cab tire, the slam of a car door, the pitter-patter of high heel pumps against the sidewalk, and the tinkle of a coffee shop entrance bell. It was all too similar.

This only occurred when a certain four girls came back to town, but little did they know that this time would be different.

Hanna Marin cringed when she walked into The Brew, she never liked their entrance bell. She thought it was pointless. But she did like the smell of freshly roasted coffee. She inhaled and exhaled deeply, allowing herself to take in the smell. She looked around the place before fidgeting with her engagement ring and joining the line of coffee-crazed residents.

Spencer Hastings shut the taxi cab door, allowing it to close tightly, catching the hem of her sweater. She groaned, and her eyes rolled to the back of her head, as she opened the door once again, and relieved her sweater from in between the door. The taxi cab sped away, and Spencer cringed at the screech of the tire. She grabbed her briefcase and headed to a shop that was all too familiar to her.

Emily Fields hopped out of her car and slammed the door. She smoothed out her blouse and fixed her denim jacket. She grabbed her bag and placed her phone inside, and then headed for her destination.

Aria Montgomery had just came back from a book signing for a client and rushed to her morning pit spot. Her heels tapped against the cemented sidewalk as she hoped the line wouldn't be as long as it was looking from outside.

Hanna was still waiting on the line as she looked at her watch. It read "7:32 a.m." She silently groaned knowing that if she didn't leave now, she would be late. She slipped out of the line and headed for the door. As she approached the door, she was met with three faces that were almost too familiar. "Aria? Spence? Em?!" She exclaimed.

"Han, oh my god!" The girls exclaimed. They each hugged each other, all realizing that it was way overdue. Hanna was met with a type of happiness that she hadn't felt in a while.

"How have you guys been? I've missed all of you so much." Emily asked.

"I've been sooo busy with work, I barely have time for an actual life," Spencer shrugged.

"So, great?" Aria laughed. The girls all laughed with her. Once again, it wasn't until they met in this moment that made them realize how much they missed each other.