too lazy to care

Charlotte's POV
I continued to stare at the gorgeous specimen that was sitting in front of me. Oliver awkwardly cleared his throat snapping me back in to reality. My eyes darted down to my hands that were laying in my lap. I began to twiddle my thumbs, a bad habit I did when I was nervous.

"I see you space out a lot..." Oliver chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess I do," I said quietly.

"What book should we do the project on?" Oliver asked.

Immediately, I began blurting out random names of books I have recently read and loved. There were so many novels to choose from I couldn't decide.  Noticing, I had been rambling on about books and other nonsense, I shut my mouth and tentatively looked at Oliver.

Luckily, the bell rang cutting Oliver off just as he was about to speak. I picked up my bag, off the floor, and bolted out the door to second period.

Don't get me wrong I'm not antisocial, just very, very shy. Especially when meeting new people. Hence the awkward interaction with Oliver. I also have slight social anxiety.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oliver's POV
For being tiny and having such short legs that girl was fast. It seemed like the bell rang, I blinked and she was out of there. I'm not sure if I'm just really intimidating to her or she wanted to escape the watchful eyes of Mr. Smith. Either way, I picked up my stuff and headed out the door on the way to second period.

When I walked into the classroom, I noticed a familiar mop of brown hair sitting towards the back of the class. However, I couldn't see her face since she was turned around talking to the kid behind her.

I took my seat next to her desk, seeing as it was the only one left open. The girl turned her head, and to my surprise it was Charlotte.

She glanced in my direction and quickly turned back to talking with the girl that was sitting behind her. It's funny how I never noticed I had two classes with Charlotte. Maybe we just sat at opposite ends or probably because I was too lazy to care who was in my classes.