chapter 5

The urge to scratch my nose grew bigger and bigger. What the heck is under my nose?

“Elizabeth… it’s time to wake up… Elizabeth…” 

I looked through my puff eyelids and spot my little brother’s brown big eyes. He’s so perfect. So innocent to the world’s evil that hasn’t affected him yet.

“What..?” I sat up and looked around. I felt as if all of the energy from my body has disappear and gone somewhere else. I just want to sleep forever and forget everything. I began to feel my eyes droop down again. I could feel sleep’s arms welcoming me in a comfortable embrace.

“Elizabeth…” I feel the tickling of my nose again. What is that?

“What?” I looked at what he was holding. A white feather was in his hand. It was puff like someone tangled it with a comb.

“Is that a feather?” He looked at me and slowly moved his feather behind his back.

“No…” I grabbed his arm and tried to get the feather from his little grasp.

“Give it to me!!”

“NO, it’s my feather! Go get your own oaf!” 

“Did you just call me an oaf..?”

“No…” 

I grabbed the feather while he was distracted and started to tickle his nose and tummy. His laughter was like bells. It could go on for a while and I could forget everything.  

“E-liza-beth…haha…l-let… m-e…haha… g-g-go…haha” his face was turning red and I felt my spirt rise a bit.

“Say mercy. Say mercy and I’ll let you go!” I saw him smiling and laughing his head off. 

“Mer-mer-mer-cy” 

“What did you say? I couldn’t hear you”

“Mer-mer-mer-cy” 

I stopped the feather on him and let him get up. My brother was catching his breath when my mom walks in.

“Hi Mom…” I smiled at her but she knows I been cried due to my puffy red eyes.

“I went to his work and told that I’m kicking him out. He got mad and started to argue with me. But I can’t have someone doing that kind of stuff to my little babies. I’m so sorry Elizabeth.” Her voice cracked at the last statement and then walked out. 

I just broke up our family. I just destroyed my mom’s relationship… What did I just do?

“Elizabeth!! Come on lets go play on the x-box! We can go play Just Dance 3! The song that you like!! Come on!!” Jonas’s eyes and body language was so happy and excited. I guess it can be expected from a 5 year old.

I wish I was 5. I WISH I stayed 5. I wish this never even happen. That little boy in my room never experienced what I been though. He has it easy. That little brat has what I want. A wonderful childhood with toys being handed to him when he wants it. He doesn’t even get in trouble what the hell!! I want him to feel what I felt since birth.

“No I’m good. I still have to clean my room and wash up. I’ll come down when I’m finished k?”

“Ok!” He smiled at me. His cute little innocent smile and kind of skipped out my door.”

What am I thinking?! How can I even think that way of my little brother? I should love him with all my heart! I shouldn’t want to cause him pain and misfortune.