ii. the dark moon

[ start of the dark moon part two ]

BEFORE ELEANOR WAS given the chance to flee the scene, and set on her way to find her elder brother, the choice was seemingly made for her.

The trio watched stoically as Scott and the rest of the pack emerged from the building, followed closely by the Calevera's.

Eleanor absentmindedly fiddled with the ring on her pinky finger, a present she had received from Lucy whilst in France. She was nervous. This was the first time she'd be coming face to face with those who had betrayed her trust two months ago. The first time she'd be seeing those who she hadn't even told she was leaving.

Jaden, noticing his sister's apprehension, grabbed her hand and gave it a tight squeeze.

"Los gemelos!"

The twins looked up at the exclamation from Araya, and Eleanor welcomed the distraction from the group staring over.

"You were only here on Wednesday, what are you going here? Did you find him?"

Eleanor shook her head, shielding her eyes from the sun with her hand as she looked over at the woman. The pack were watching on intently, not knowing that The Hale's had been here before.

"No, not yet Araya."

The older woman raised her eyebrows. "I don't understand. Then why are you here?"

"To make sure those idiots didn't get themselves killed." Isaac spoke this time, pointing to the group beside Araya, his expression full of cheek. "Mission completed."

Araya shook her head at the curly haired boy and rolled her eyes. Instead of replying, she turned back to the pack and gestured to the door, where a young woman emerged, dressed in all black.

"If they're waiting for you then let's wrap this up. Braeden will be able to take you to where we think Kate has Derek. Good luck."

With that, the Calevera's turned on their heels, heading back inside of the building.

An awkward silence lulled in the air, only broken when Scott cleared his throat and took a step in the direction of Isaac and the twins. "You didn't say that you'd been here before."

Although he was looking at all three of them stood in front of the car, his statement was directed to Eleanor. She had been the only one he had seen inside the club.

"I didn't think it was necessary," Eleanor mumbled halfheartedly, her eyes fixed on the ground, avoiding the gaze of the one person she was willing herself not to look at. The air hung heavy with the weight of unspoken words and unresolved tension.