end

Akashi heaved a sigh as he walked with the rest of the Generation of Miracles. Momoi, once again, dragged the former Teiko team together. This time, she dragged them to visit Misaki's home. For the past 20 minutes, Momoi and Kise have been ringing the doorbell non-stop. They were about to head back down the stairs when they met up with Misaki. Misaki who looked like she just went swimming.

"Somehow, I'm not surprised." She said with a grin as she walked past them.

"Misaki-chan! You're wet all over!" Momoi said with concern.

Misaki surprised them all when she threw her head back and laughed.

"Yes, I am."

Pulling out her keys, she motioned for them to come inside.

She pulled out several house slippers with varying colors. She left them for a bit to change.

Akashi took a look around and found himself surprised at how bare her space looked. There were no pictures on the walls or the shelves. She had a couch a couple of bean bag chairs. And a television. A night lamp was in the far corner. There was a small cactus on the kitchen counter. The fridge was fully stocked but there was no aprons or anything remotely resembling lived in.

He frowned. Her living space did not suit her personality.

"Did you just move here, Misaki-cchi?" Kise asked as she served them tea.

"No. I've been living here for almost a year."

"You don't have any personal effects." Midorima pointed out.

She paused pouring and took a look around.

"Oh. That. Yeah."

They waited for her to continue.

"It's a habit I picked up when I was a kid. Doesn't that cactus count as a personal effect?"

Their looks was enough of an answer.

"How could this become a habit?" Momoi asked as she gave a wide arc to her sparse living space.

"I moved around a lot. I'd be at a different house months after I move. It was easier not to get attached to things or places."

"Was it because of your father's work?" Akashi asked.

"No. I was in the foster system once."

"You were adopted?" Aomine asked.

"Nope. I am an illegitimate child."

She grinned at their carefully blank expression.

"Sounds like a soap opera doesn't it?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"What about your mother?" Momoi asked.

"Dead when I was 5. It was a miracle she lasted 2 years what with the drugs and the booze." Misaki rolled her eyes at them.

"Don't look so sober. It's not a big deal. People die, that's normal."

"You're surprisingly cheerful." Kuroko pointed out.

"A good walk in the rain always puts me in good mood."

"So that's why you looked like a drowned rat."

She grinned at him while she went to pick up the phone.

++++++++++++

"Akashi? What's up?"

The red head gave her an ignorant look to which she snorted at.

"Are you thinking about why I didn't tell you I used to be in the foster system?"