Chapter 1: Court

(PLEASE READ PSYCHOTIC FIRST)

(Hayley's Pov)

Cody's lawyer stood, walking up to the judge with a folder in his hand. "My client has spent thirteen months in Emerson Mental Institution. Participating in Group therapy, and continues to improve." He paused and looked at the jury. "Now we all know of Cody's crimes but with therapy he has gotten better."

The head of the Hospital board was sitting at the table across from where Cody sat, his hair was long now, past his ears. Cody's lawyer looked back and made eye contact with me and his mouth parted a bit before looking elsewhere.

"I call Dr. Derrick Jenson to the stands." The board member said. Derrick stood and a police officer opened the little door for him.

"Cody has been doing well correct?"

"Yes."

"Is it true that Cody started improving after January 2017?"

"Objection!" Cody's lawyer said.

"Sustained! Continue Mr. Jenson." This judge was rough..

"He did, showed amazing improvement."

"I have no further questions."

This time Cody's lawyer stood up looking at me while buttoning his jacket and looking over at Derrick.

"Mr. Jenson, On a scale from 1-10 how would you rate Cody's fast improvement?"

"An eight."

"What about the other two?"

"He's had his fights, his points where taken away from him."

-

"I would like to call Hayley Emerson to the stand." Their were a few gasps as I made my way to the stand, I said a pledge before a police officer helped me up the stairs. Cody's mouth was parted in shock as I flipped my hair over my shoulder. "Miss. Emerson you went to the hospital everyday correct?"

"Yes."

"You and Cody became friends?" He asked standing in front of me.

"Yes."

"Is it true that on November 2nd, 2016 Cody assaulted you?"

"Objection! Irrelevant"

"Sustained."

"I don't remember the date."

"On file it says that Cody assaulted you." He said handing a piece of paper over to the judge, while I snuck a peak at Cody and he shook his head.

"Continue Ms. Emerson." The judge pushed

"He took the blame, I kissed him back. He didn't want me to get in trouble." Whispers where heards but the board members continued with tougher questions.

"Several guards noticed how the two of you where close. The both of you even formed a relationship, correct?"

"Yes"

"Did you ever think hed make you his next victim."

"Objection!" Cody's lawyer shot up of his seat quick enough for his chair to fall back." He regained his posture but his words came out in hatred. "No relevance to the case."

"Agreed," the lawyer said.

"That's all of my questions." Cody's lawyer stood "If I may?" And the judge nodded.

"Hayley-Ms. Emerson, you where close to Cody and he told you things he didn't tell the therapist correct?"

"Yes."