Chapter 14: Caught

(Hayley's Pov)

"And what about the cigarettes?" Daniel asks.

"They where his. I lied when Elijah asked me if they were mine. I don't smoke. Cody had visited me the night before and we talked. He smoked several cigarettes."

"Why didn't you call him in?"

"I was going to... I got side tracked. Anthony had called-he works at The Palm now and was asking when I came in. I went to my bedroom and looked at my schedule and told him. When I came back, Cody was gone." I lie, looking down at my hands.

"And the pills?"

"I got it from a dealer, Cody referred me to him."

"Do you know his name? What he looks like?" I shook my head.

"We had meet at a playground. He had a black car and it was night time and I couldn't see his face. I went and Cody gave me money to pay for it. I went back and he was in my house. After I gave it to him he thanked me and left." I say. "I didn't help hide him, I just didn't bother calling him in because he was already way ahead of you. I didn't see the point when he already drove off and had been miles away."
-

I hadn't heard anything for a week, Thanksgiving had passed and I spent half of the day with my family then the other half with Anthony's. Elijah kept me out of the loop, and he didn't seem surprised that I had been willing to help Cody. It was lunch time and I was hanging out outside with a group of friend when Cody called. I walked away and stood beside a tree and answered.

"Why are you calling me? Are you okay? Did you get to Montana safely."

"I'm fine baby, I got a house. It's under your name. You understand I had to forge a signature right?"

"Where are you?" I ask.

"California, almost to Beverly Hills. Can we meet at your apartment?"

"I don't think that's a good idea. Everyone is on high alert." I say whispering the last part looking over to my friends who where laughing. "I've been thinking, although most of my family hate me right now but they pay a lot of my things. I don't think Montana is right for me right now, and just because we aren't talking doesn't mean I don't love them."

"I'll wait for you baby you know that. Look, think on it and I'll see you after you get out of college. I'll be at home." He said before hanging up. I sighed and walked back to the table and listen to the conversation that was being said.

"Who was that?" Anthony asked.

"A friend, he just wanted to know how I was doing."

"How was Thanksgiving?" Betty asked and I looked over a Anthony and he smiled. "Come on Hayley you've been wanting him for so long, tell us how it went!" He said and my face became hot as she revealed the way I thought about Anthony. He laughed and pulled me into his chest and spoke for the both of us.

"It went great, my family love her. They say I have the right one." He said looking down at me and I smiled. I had in fact had an extremely fun time when I went Anthony's family home in Malibu. Although it also brought up the guilt I felt as I had kissed him, and flirted back with him.

(Cody's Pov)

A dark lit room and a metal chair brought back so many damn memories.

Elijah entered and I held my gaze straight.
"I told you I want my lawyer."

"I called and he's busy with another lunatic up in Redding." He said throwing down a file and heading over to a camera.

"I guess you want me to believe that I'm fucked. I'm not. I'm not talking either."

"Good then you can listen." He said switching on a camera.

"Simpson, do you understand that everything you say from this point will be recorded and can be used against you in a trial? You reserve the right to remain silent."

"I want my lawyer."

"Answer the question."

"I understand." I say and Elijah nodded pulling the metal chair out.

"You and Hayley have been talking a lot yeah?" He asked sitting down in front of me. "Talking about all your problems, she's been taking real good care of you right? Making sure you have your medicine. Which doesn't help because you killed another woman. Remember her?" He asked putting a pretty girl in front of my face. She had red hair, green eyes and freckles. I looked over at him and he set it down. "Not going to talk aye?" He ask and I licked my dry lips. "Thirsty? I can get you water. All you gotta do is talk."

"My sister, your girlfriend-whatever y'all call each other, falls in love too quick. As the older brother I have to make sure she doesn't give her heart to the wrong person, and it seems she had. She's  terrified of people she cares about getting hurt. My sister kissed a boy and confessed to loving him while tears streamed down her face because he hurt her! I still can't think of anything that makes sense of why she chose you. Yet, she still continues to say that you innocent, and you killed your parents out of anger, not because your insane. You killed those women because your like it, and your going to kill her!"

"I DID NOT!" I yelled standing up and yanking on the chains that where welded to the floor. "I swear if I get out of these." I seethed. He looked at the black glass and I stopped trying to take the handcuffs off.

"Who's behind that glass? Is it Derrick evaluating me? Using Hayley to make me go crazy?" I laugh. "Your just waiting for me to have an episode to make a point aren't you!?" I yelled yanking on the cuffs again. "AREN'T YOU!?"

He walked out after that, and I left by myself for what seemed like hours before I was taken to a holding cell, where I remained by myself. It was just going to be me for a while, by myself. Always was, I got used to it though. I didn't have anxiety of being alone I just wanted company that I never had because my actions and The Park that listed me as 'violet.' The door opened and I scoffed.

"Good luck making me talk without my lawyer."

"So you need a lawyer?" I turned my head to the saline of Hayley's voice and I sat up.

"What are you doing here?" I ask and she hands me a bottle of water.  "A friend told me you got caught, they rejoiced but I couldn't stop thinking about you while in class." She says.

(Hayley's Pov)

"Why would you stop?" I whispered touching his face.

"I came back for you." He says and I shook my head placing both my hands on either side of his face

"No, no you can't do that."

"I'm innocent babe." He said softly and I gave him a sympathetic look.

"They don't know that. They don't believe that." I said and he grabbed my hand and held them.

"There's an address, in your nightstand, inside a blue felt box. I left it there and they caught me when I was leaving. The car is at Corey's house. His address is also in the box." He whispered the last sentence. "I'll be okay Hayley, I won't talk without my lawyer."