1

He was the good demon. He helped him, right when he thought he was going to get killed.

There was such a weird way the planet worked. There was justice, policemen, courts of law, but when it comes to demons, nobody cared about what they did. They were demons, after all. They were all mischievious. They didn't care about who or what they injure. If you got in their way, you'd be lucky to walk away unharmed. Sometimes they'd even lead you somewhere and capture you there. That'd be the last time you'd be seen ever again.

Dolan visited a diner on the dangerous side of his neighborhood because he needed to speak to a group of kids. Educate them a little bit about whatever he wanted. He was happy about this. Usually they'd call his brother instead, but he was on a trip. He couldn't make it. Dolan wasn't the first choice. He knows this, but was happy anyways.

Only, it would've been great if he didn't get the date wrong. He showed up, then realizing it wasn't today. The diner was empty, excluding the two or three demons sitting down and eating. He took one look around, confirming that he was wrong, then turned to leave. He didn't belong here.

He would've left right then and there, but the woman behind the counter called to him.

"Looking for something, kid?"

She didn't seem mean or sary by the sound of her voice. Dolan glanced at her, afraid she was going to be just another demon, but she wasn't. She was an old goat. Literally. She had the face of a goat, and the body of an old small fat woman. She couldn't possibly do any harm.

Dolan stepped back in, taking a seat behind the counter to face to woman. He sighed, "No. I was supposed to speak to a school today but I've gotten that dates wrong."

She scoffed. She was a bit sassy. Dolan read her name tag. It said 'Martha' in red marker.

"Then I suggest you order somethng or leave. This place isn't for shorties like you." She took some dirty cups and started to clean them with a rag. She just stared at Dolan.

"Well?"

"Oh. Ah..." Dolan couldn't see a menu in sight. He sighed, propping his head on his hands, his elbows on the table. He was gloomy. "Coff-- Actually no. I don't like coffee. Bring me a waffle or something."

"Coming right up." She says, and sets down whatever she had in her hands to disappear into the kitchen behind her.

Without a need to be here, why did he stay? He was in great danger as soon as he came through the door. There were lanky demons sitting in seperate places for a meal. Hunched over and swallowing whatever was on their plate.

Dolan took is phone from his pocket and stared blankly at it. He didn't turn it on or anything. Why would he? It's not like he didn't have friends. Shima, Melissa, Pringle. That was it. His brother didn't even count. They always fought and argued.

"What do you have there?" A growling voice said right into Dolan's ear. He jolted, dropping his phone, and almost falling off of his stool. He was about to punch whoever made him do that, but he stayed still when a demon stared him right in the face.

He was ugly as the rest of them. His jagged teeth poked out of his mouth when he smiled devilishly.

Dolan gulped, frozen in place. He didn't want to look away from the demon, or else something bad would surely happen. "Leave me alone!" He whined, "I don't want anything to do with you demons."

He said the word 'demons' as if it was a sour taste in his mouth. In this case it was. The demon didn't like that. It was an insult. So just as Dolan went to carefully pick his phone back up, the devil snatched it quickly, and bolts out of the diner.