2:No Bus or Bussers

Apparently, my grandma–er, Shelly(after repeatedly calling her grandma she snapped and told me to just call her by her name) already settled things with my school. They already have all my records and crap, and apparently they already have an elective for me? Not sure about that, but whatever.

School started approximately at 7:30, and there was a 5-7 minute bus stop away. My grand–Shelly actually trusted me a bit more than my mom did. This time I didn't even have a friend. But it's whatever. By bus, the school is 15 minute drive, and it arrives at the stop at 6:50. Shelly makes me wake up at 5:30, for some reason. She works at the airport, so wakes up earlier than me just to go.

That's my sleeping schedule now. In my old school, it was a 5 minute walk away and it started at 8:00. And I've had to wake up a bit after 7. Well, rip me.

My–I mean Shelly told me the bus stop is at a park, and it's the opposite side of the playground. Se told me once you walk out of the backyard, you walk out of the court and then continue straight. You'll get there if you just go straight, apparently. She doesn't know anyone in the neighborhood that goes to the school either, so she said I'd have to walk on my own.

Then there's the dress code. Well, it's not much of a dress code, more like stuff you're not allowed to wear...? I'm not sure. But you're not allowed to wear flashy clothes(obviously), shorts have to go past your fingertips, and you are to wear closed toed shoes. Wear sandals? You die.

Other than this stuff, you can practically wear anything. Crop tops aren't allowed either. I have a big collection of flannels and plaid shirts, along with polos, sooooo...

Right now, I was wearing a white T-shirt under a under a blue and black flannel colored plaid shirt a pair of black jeans, and two black Nikes. I also had a small green and black crossed scarf wrapped around me. Shelly bought me a purple and black plaid styled backpack(apparently) and she also(apparently) already stuffed everything I needed in it. The backpack only had one strap, and in the middle there was a buckle in and buckle out thing, so if I squeezed it tight, it would unclasp and the backpack would fall right off. No idea why this was made.

But anyways, I'm walking to the park right now, both my hands on the strap of my backpack, and I was bored out of my mind. My phone was currently in my jean pocket, and last time I checked it was about 6:40.

I keep walking until I see the park, and eventually, I do. Luckily, the playground is on the other side of the park where I'm facing, so I just continued walking. Straight. I stopped in the middle and then looked down at my phone. 6:45.

I turn it off and then stuff it back in my pocket, looking around. Huh. No one else is here. And the bus will be here in a couple minutes. Is someone running late, or...

I didn't really need to worry about that. What I'm worried about is how will I make friends?

It's a new school in a new town, and I literately just moved in yesterday. I don't exactly know how Shelly managed to pull my student crap. I don't have my schedule yet. I don't even know what the school looks like.

Shelly offered me to let me stay with her from now on about a month ago. Maybe she started on stuff since then? I don't know.

Shelly's a cheerful 55 year old, even though she's my grandma. She had my mom when she was about in her 20's, and my mom had me when she was about the same age. I'm a 16 year old in my third year of high school, and well I'm too lazy to do math right now. But you can conclude both had children when they were young.
I don't have any siblings, but my mom does.

Moving on, I have no idea how to socialize, so I'm pretty much in a dark hole.

I look down at my phone. 6:52. I look back up and glance around. No signs of the bus. But it's alright. Only two minutes past it's time.

6:55.

Five minutes late, ok, that's fine. They should still be here soon. I sat down in the sidewalk and continued waiting patiently.

7:00.

Ten minutes. Okay, that might be a while. The bus should show up any minute now.

7:15.

Where the hail is the damn bus? It's almost been half an hour. It's fifteen minutes until school starts. Why, bus?

7:20.

Ten minutes until school starts. Ten. Effing. Minutes. What am I supposed to do now? I bite my lip and look around. No sign of the bus anywhere.

7:25.

Shelly picks up the phone. "Hello?"

"Gra–I mean, Shelly, you know what time it is right now?"

"Almost 7:30, sweetie. You should be in school by now. I don't hear much."

"Guess what? The bus is a no show."

"What?"

"The bus never came. I've been waiting out here for more half an hour. Where is the damn bus?"

After a moment, I hear a shuffle, and then frustrated sigh. "Oh god."

"What is it?" I ask.

"Aha, apparently the buses were scheduled to not go today to pick up students."

"Huh?"

"Ah, I'm sorry sweetie. I have to go now. Passengers are getting mad at me."

"Wait–but then–how do I–?"

"Bye!"

She hung up after that. I bring my phone down and then stare at it. Curse you. I stuff it back in my pocket and then look around. How am I supposed to get to school now? I can't think of one. I don't have my permit yet, but it's not like I have a vehicle to drive.

I groan. Then, I text Shelly. She texts back five minutes later, giving me an address. I put it into google maps, and I make a route for walking. It lights up, and says, "26 minutes".

I tsk. Well, I'm already up and ready for school. I might as well just walk there.

Rip me.

A/N

See how bad it is? I'm very weird, and I'm just writing as I go. The letter is:

R

Have a good...whatever right now.