Chapter 15: Such A Tease

Calum’s POV

The words that escaped Addi’s lips replay in my mind for days. “Maybe if you weren’t such an asshole then I’dve had someone to hide behind!” She may actually have feelings for me, but I’m in my own way. Today at band practice Luke was basically avoiding me, which is really weird. I’m sitting in my living room watching a film with my sister Mali when the doorbell rings. “I got it,” she says getting up. “Uh Cal there’s a girl at the door for you.” I raise an eyebrow at her and walk to the door.

            “Addi? What are you doing here?”

            “I came to ask you something,” she starts. My heart starts beating fast; I literally have no guesses on what it could be. “So the Logan’s are part of the country club and there’s this like huge fancy dinner thing and it’ll totally suck but would you come with me?”

            “Uh yeah, sure. I’d love to!” It honestly will suck so bad, but since Addi is my date, it’ll suck less.

            “Great! Be at our house at like 5, and you have to wear a tux!”

            “Oh joy!” I say sarcastically.

            “Hey I have to wear a ridiculous dress, we will both be suffering!” I laugh. “Ok, bye Calum!” she starts to walk away but I catch her wrist.

            “What no kiss this time?” hinting at when I dropped her off earning a kiss on the cheek. “I just agreed to go to a boring dinner with you that deserves at least a kiss on the cheek, or even the lips!” I argue my case. Addi brings her face just centimeters from mine. She just barely brushes her lips on mine, teasing me.

            “Nah, you have to prove you look good in a tux first!” she turns on her heel and walks down my driveway.

Addi’s POV

Saturday came way too fast. I’m pretty much dreading the dinner. Hopefully Calum and I can keep from fighting for one night. As I get ready I can’t help but think about both Luke and Calum. I haven’t talked to Luke since we kissed and I’m pretty much going crazy. Picking up my phone it check it for probably the 1000th time and sigh when there is nothing new. I shake my head and try to push him out of my mind for the night. I curl my hair enough to give it big waves and put on my dress. The dress Kathleen bought for me about a month ago was pretty enough but it had these gigantic sleeves. So over the past few weeks I have been doing some work on it to make it prettier. Its black lace that reaches mid thigh, now is altered to be a tube top and hugs my small curves. She also insisted that I buy a silver pair of heels. Finally ready I go down the hall to Lily’s room.

            “Hot damn! Your night with Calum will probably end up the way they all do,” she gives me a wink. I laugh and shake my head.

            “Yeah well yours is more likely to end that way, you look gorgeous!” I compliment her. Her dress is a light gray, reaching slightly lower on the leg than mine, with gorgeous sparkle detail in the middle.

            “Really?” I give her a nod. “Good, that’s what I was going for! Oh Mikey and Calum are here!” I take a deep breath and follow her downstairs. Lily opens the door to reveal the two of them. Mikey’s hair is now white blonde, suits him, I think. Calum’s hair is styled in a slight Mohawk, his toned body looks so good in a suit. He is tugging at the back of his lip ring. I’ve noticed he does this sometimes. While Michael and Lily are hugging and talking, Calum and me are standing there slightly awkwardly. He moves forward to give me a small hug.

            “You look gorgeous, Addi.” He gives a smile.

            “Thanks, you don’t look too bad either!” I joke.

            “Good enough for that kiss?” Calum raises his eyebrows at me.

            “Maybe later,” I tease. We get into separate cars: Michael and Lily, and Calum and I. 

So how do you think this dinner will go? ;) Comment, vote pweeeze :) xo -Rachel