Prologue

A/N: Slight AU where Leo remains at Camp Half Blood at the end of BoO
*-*-*-*-*

Prologue
Percy

"C'mon, Wise Girl, I got a surprise for you," I grabbed Annabeth by the arm and led her to the edge of the forest.

"Percy," she tried to protest. "I've got inspection in fifteen."

"Don't worry, Babe," I squeezed her hand lovingly. "Piper charmspoke Leo for me. He's gonna take over for you."

She laughed and squeezed my hand back. Gods, I love her laugh. "You don't think we'll get in trouble?"

"Don't worry," I said. "This will be worth it."

I lead her through the forest, keeping track of our route in my head. Annabeth would be better at that though. I mean who'd be better at remembering facts and/or details? A daughter of the goddess of wisdom, or her boyfriend, whom she calls Seaweed Brain? The answer is fairly obvious.

"What are you even doing, Percy?"

"It's my little anniversary gift to you."

"Better be worth getting in trouble."

I laughed. "Uh, it's not guaranteed that we'll be caught, ya know."

I stopped walking and turn her to the side so she can't see my surprise yet. When I looked over my shoulder, I saw Juniper look my way.

"It's not done yet!" she called. "Give us a couple more minutes."

"Alright, Juniper!"

"Wha-?" Annabeth tried to look in Juniper's direction but I placed my hand on her check and turned her head towards me.

"Not yet. It's a surprise. Now what were you going to say?"

She smiled. "For one thing, Piper's charmspeak isn't infallible, perfect roughly 25% of the time, and it's also Leo we're talking about here. He's bound to mess something up at least 75% of the time. So we have about a 25% chance of not being caught."

"Hmm. I think I like those odds..."

She laughed brightly and put her hand on my shoulder. "No. You really don't. That's 75% of us getting caught."

"Well then I don't like those odds. C'mon, Wise Girl, you know you're much better at math than I am."

"Not to mention science, geography, logic and reason, and many other things," she teased.

"And that's why I call you my little Wise Girl. Don't forget it."

She smiled and ran her fingers through my hair. "Don't worry. I won't. Not ever."

"Good," I stared at her in awe, lost in her simple beauty. She wore no makeup, much unlike all Aphrodite kids (excluding Piper), which I thought just made her more beautiful, she was just herself that way. I smiled at the way the sunlight bounced off of her facial features, making her look so perfect.

"Ok!" Juniper called. "We're ready!"

I placed my hands over her eyes and turned her toward Juniper.

"Ready?" I whispered.

She nodded and I took my hands away from her eyes.

"It's beautiful," she whispered and leaned her head against my shoulder.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder as she stared at the 10-foot-tall topiary of us embracing each other in an enormous hug.

Man, Juniper those naiads did a great job. There were flowers and plants of every color arranged to capture every detail, like the Camp Half-Blood t-shirts, all right down to the gray streaks in our hair when we each took the sky.

"Check out the bottom," I said, pointing to the flowers and the bottom that spelled out, 'Wise Girl and Seaweed Brain together forever.'

"Oh, wow, Percy. How'd you convince them to do this?"

"A failed attempt of persuasion on my part, and bit of help from Piper, a quite a bit of drachmas..."

"How am I supposed to compete with this?" she wrapped her arms around my shoulders and pulled me into a hug.

"You wanna know how? Just keep being my Wise Girl. That's all I want. The second part of your gift comes tonight."

"Wait... There's two parts? Gods, Percy, you're amazing."

"Why yes I am," I laughed. "Your words, not mine."

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too. Don't forget."

"Never. Not even in a million years."

Then, we kissed. I felt as if my insides were on fire, and in a good way. I have to say it was one of the best kisses of all time.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
I know that this was mostly dialogue, but I promise I will try and be more descriptive in the chapters to come.

Secondly, page 227 in The Mark of Athena clearly states that Percy and Annabeth no longer have the gray streaks in their hair. I still included it, because I felt it's something that only the two of them share. I thought it was still too important to be left out, even though it ceases to be canon in the third Heroes of Olympus book.

This is my first PJO fanfic, and I may write others. I dunno yet.

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
~Isaac Asimov

Love you all.
~Paris <33