Epilogue

I know you, you human, want to know who I am, and who I killed.

I am nothing. I don’t exist.

But if you’d like to give me a name, I am Fate.

And I killed Caspian Urian Pallin Ivor Desparian, commonly known as CUPID, because I needed to save all of you.

But I don’t exist, do I?

I am a figment of your imagination. I come alive when you decide to kill the love in your heart. I exist when you decide to use me as an excuse for why your significant other broke your heart, but sometimes I am the safety when you are abandoned, and you want to understand why that person didn’t want you, why they couldn’t or didn’t love you.

You are the child who is abused, the girl whose boyfriend is cheating on, the grandmother who’s been left in a care home and barely see their children, and the parents with the rebelling teenager.

You are also that president that doesn't know how to meet the needs of his people, especially when they forget that you are just a human yourself. You are that soldier who always pretends that he is courageous, but really what you want is to not be a hero all the time. Again, you are a normal human like the rest of them. You are also the geek, who loves maths and is always reading. But secretly, you also like cheer leading but you are never given the time of day by the school's elite. If you were, they would realise: you are just an ordinary human teenager, just like them.

I am always used as an excuses for why bad things happen to good people. But there is no need for that. Bad things happen because of free will. Each one of you can use the few short moments you have one earth for whatever you want. Good or bad. And in everything you do, others are caught in the crossfire. Although humanity sees a use for me, I am that part of your thoughts that is wasted. 

CUPID, on the other hand, does not always co-operate but he is also a figment of your imagination. From the beginning, Fate and Cupid would be hard to work in snyc, time has evolved, humanity has changed, and all of you think you require Cupid and his help. But he doesn't help. He restricts the capability that you all have to love and nurture the young. He affects the way you see other people and the moral stance you have. You see, the world does not need the idea of this god that shoots arrows into people to make them fall in love, you don't need this idea of someone who teaches you how to love unconditionally, you don't need him, you can all do it on your own. Love survives all, just as your destiny is what you choose to make of it. Cupid and I, whomever I am working with when you read this, we'd like to fade into the blackness, we'd like to stop existing, but until you say goodbye as a world, we will be here if you need us, but, we aren't really there...this is your immagination speaking. Just as I had to kill Caspian, please, kill me.

Let me give you a word of advice. You make your own fate and you create love. It’s not easy but when you abandon those who do love you, it isn’t fair. When you’re hurt, look to those who love you. If you have no-one, love yourself, because you are worth it.

But please, stop using me and CUPID as an excuse.

We don’t exist… remember?

****

Que Sera Sera ... Whatever Will Be Will Be ...