1. Tally up those points for me, we're settling the score.

Aiden's POV.

"Go out with me."

"Nope."

"I'm serious! I want you to be my girlfriend."

"No!"

"Why not?"

The ridiculous pout on his face was adorable. The truth was, I wanted to. I wanted to say yes. But I knew James inside and out, and I knew he wasn't taking this seriously. He never did.

"Jamie, every time you get broken up with or break up with someone, you ask me out, and it's only because I'm the only girl who will stick around."

His frown deepened, and I gave him a cheeky grin. "That's not even true, A."

I smirked. "What, the part about no other girl wanting to stick around? Cause it so is." He stuck his tongue out at me annoyingly. 

"No, you dork. The part about me asking you out just because of that. So not true!"

I rolled my eyes. It was the same thing every time with him. Break up, ask me, I say no, then he finds some other whore to date. My best friend, the idiot. For as long as I'd been in love with him, he'd toyed with me like this. But I never wanted to date him, and that was the truth. Because no girl lasted longer with James than two weeks. After they broke up, he didn't want anything to do with them.

I'd rather be the best friend than the nothing.

"Why don't I just give you a big hug, go get some rainbow sorbet and all the star wars movies, and we'll hang out tonight. Then tomorrow, you'll go out and use your unwitting charm, and find a new girlfriend. Okay?"

He studied my face for a moment. "I never get why you do that, A."

"Do what? Be your best friend?"

"No. Push me to find a new girlfriend. You always hate the girls I date, anyway."

Maybe because none of them are me. "Only because you choose losers, Jame."

"That's not true! I have fabulous taste."

"Yeah, for a deaf man. They're always so damn annoying."

"Maybe, if you'd date me, I wouldn't have to put up with that shit anymore."

I said nothing, instead responding with another over-dramatic roll of the eyes. I needed him to shut up, or I'd do something stupid like shouting 'I love you!' and then it'd all go downhill. "Let's just get this post-break-up party going, eh?"

James shrugged, then looked at me seriously. "You know what? Okay. We'll do it. But this time I'm not gonna give up. I'm gonna woo you, Aiden Marx. And you're gonna say yes."

And the truth was, he was so, so right.

_______________________________________________________________________

picture on the right is of james. theme song of the chapter is tally up the score by sleeping with sirens.