15 <The Demons Within>

A/N: Guys, let's be honest... You saw this coming. Also, thank you so much for 4k reads! <3

 Also, thank you so much for 4k reads! <3

2 Days until 1 year anniversary...

JinHyuk remembers the first time he met GaEun. It was her first day at the hospital… Actually, her first day in the medical field in general.

JinHyuk wasn't there when they were interviewing people for a new resident doctor position. But he did hear everything about the new doctor they hired.

She was the top of her class in Med School. She had studied in America at a prestigious University, but had returned to South Korea to find work. She was considerably young for a doctor, but that only goes to show her potential.

Not that JinHyuk would have known. He hadn't met her yet. In fact, he had forgotten they had even hired a new resident doctor.

~~~~~

It was GaEun's first day on the job. All she really had to do that day was familiarize herself with the hospital unit she'll be working in.

GaEun bowed, nearly folding herself in half, before springing back up with a swipe to her bangs that flew into her eyes, “Hello everyone! I'm the new resident doctor who will be working in the ER, Cho GaEun. Please take care of me!” GaEun smiled giddily at the small crowd of hospital staff gathered before her, who were infected by her enthusiasm.

They all welcomed her warmly, and GaEun felt at ease the entire time. Even just having her lab coat on made her feel a sense of accomplishment, which caused the spring in her step as she roamed the hospital hallways.

The head nurse of the division managed to squeeze in some time to give GaEun a tour.

“Are you okay, Dr. Cho? I'm sure it's a lot to take in.” The Head Nurse asked as they walked through the ER.

GaEun smiled and nodded, “Once I start officially working, I'll be able to adjust accordingly.”

Another nurse, cradling a clipboard in her arm, came running towards them suddenly, “Head Nurse! Head Nurse!”

The nurse came to a screeching halt in front of GaEun, before hunching over to catch her breath, “We got a call from Internal medicine. A patient with Pancreatic cancer is experiencing severe Bowel Obstruction. They're saying she'll need a bypass surgery on top of removing the tumor.”

The Head Nurse looked down at her subordinate, “That surgery was scheduled for 10 pm.”

“They're saying she might not be able to hold on until then, and the assigned doctor is currently operating a different surgery right now.”

The Head Nurse nodded and crossed her arms, “Are any other doctors available?”

The messenger shook her head rapidly, which caused her hair to flap around, “That’s the problem, there's nobody.”