Crying in the rain - The truth

Chapter Thirteen

The truth

“Toby, stop it!” I yelled as he continued to tickle me. Once we got home, Noah left to go back to his house and I called Toby to see if he wanted to hang out. He came over shortly after with Becky. We decided to walk around the park about a block away from my place. I stole Toby’s swing and that’s when the tickling began.

“Not until you give it to me!” I stood up from the swing and walked over to the bench. Toby was smiling at me as he won what he wanted. I stuck my tongue out at him and glared at him playfully.

“Grow up Peterpan…” He said, laughing. I glared at him even more.

“Stop flirting!” Becky complained while she was on her phone.

“Who are you talking to?” I asked as she walked over to the opposite direction. Her face went bright red as she started to laugh.

“Okay, I got to go… I’ll see you tonight?” She asked, avoiding my gaze. She giggled before hanging up.

“Toby, why don’t you ask our dear friend ‘Emma’ to go to the movies tonight around seven?” She said walking over to sit on a swing next to Toby.

“Emma, would you care to go with me on a movie date with me tonight my dear?” He asked in a fake British accent.

“Were you just talking to Noah?” I asked, ignoring Toby’s question. She nodded her head, smiling at me innocently.

“He asked me to go to the movies tonight and told me to bring Toby… I think he didn’t want you to hang out with Toby tonight because he said just bring Toby… no one else. So Toby’s bringing you.” I was extremely confused by this but I agreed nonetheless. The walk home was simple; we ended up watching re-runs of full house.

I had to wear something cute, but not to noticeable. Becky kept trying to get me to wear these short skirts but I would never let her get near me with them. I found this old dress in the back of my closet; my mom bought it for me a few years ago for missing my birthday. It fit this occasion perfectly.

It was yellow with white lace covering the whole thing. There was a white strip of fabric that made into a nice bow in the front. It was knee length and I had the perfect white shiny pair of flats to match. I went to the bathroom to try it on and came back out to show Toby and Becky.

“Bingo.” Toby said, winking.

“It’s… cute.” Becky said, looking back at the skirt she held in her hands.

“I’m wearing it either way.” I walked back into the bathroom to put on some makeup. I made it light; I didn’t want to look stupid. I put on some mascara and light brown eye shadow. I looked at myself one more time in the mirror before stepping out and walking to my room.