Chapter Three: Blaize

I ran my hand down my face, then brought my fingers back up to massage my forehead. I had a huge headache now, since my wolf wouldn't stop screeching.

I'm not screeching! I'm howling with joy! Go to her now! He yipped. I sighed.

You don't get it, do you? She's a teacher for fuck's sake. I'm not eighteen. Human law dictates that as illegal, plus I'm in the middle of Spanish class, I growled back.

I don't see why you aren't happy. Our mate is perfect.

Please, shut the fuck up and go back to doing whatever.

I then ignored my wolf and tried to pay attention to the Spanish teacher. She was a human, so I probably couldn't just run out of class and be done with school.

I couldn't do it. My mind wouldn't stay focused on the lesson. All I could think about was her.

Her soft, golden blonde hair, her sea green eyes, her lovely smile. But most of all, her scent. Her scent was what had keyed me in that something was up. As soon as I'd stepped into that math room, the scent of vanilla and raspberries overwhelmed me. It was by far the most heavenly scent I'd ever beheld.

With a nice sight to go with it, my wolf purred. I rolled my eyes at that.

The day couldn't have gone by more slowly. I was overjoyed by the fact that I didn't have any of my friends in the rest of my classes, so I wouldn't have to tell them why I was acting so weird.

Finally, the final bell rang. I sprinted out to my car, not even stopping to look around. When I got to my car, I saw Heather leaning up against the hood.

"Ready to go, baby?" she asked. Her voice was disgustingly sugar-coated. My wolf huffed in agreement.

"What are you doing?" I asked, frustrated. She frowned. It wasn't a good look on her. All of a sudden, I was noticing every flaw about Heather that I hadn't noticed before.

"I was waiting on you, baby, what's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing," I growled through gritted teeth.

She laughed. I can't think of why I thought her laugh to be attractive before. It was so fake, and high-pitched, and irritating, I almost wanted to slap her. Okay, I really wanted to slap her.

"Babe, you can tell me anything," she said. I narrowed my gaze at her.

"Don't call me babe. And I can't take you home. Find someone else," I muttered. She looked confused.

"Oh, well, I guess I'll see you in the morning, then."

I growled lowly. Was she seriously always this stupid? "No. I'm not carting you around anymore. We're through."

I slid into the driver's seat of my car. I heard her scoff, then turn and storm away. I didn't care. I needed to leave, and soon.

What about our mate? My wolf asked.

I could honestly care less about that issue right now.

My wolf growled angrily in response.

I shoved my key into the ignition and was about to pull out of the parking lot when a familiar, enticing scent hit my nose. I felt my grip tighten on the wheel, and my feelings of desire heightened. Well, shit.

I left my car running and jogged out into the parking lot in search of her. Finally, I saw a glimpse of short, golden blonde hair.

I hurried forward and caught her just before she got to what I assumed was her car.