Chapter One: The Letter

One sunny afternoon, I was walking along a sidewalk with an envelope on my hand.

It is from someone who I loved but never loved me, my ex‒ girlfriend Marzia. I have loved her with all my heart yet she just used me and broke it into pieces...

We had a tough break-up. "I have to forget her, it was winter when I last saw her, she probably had forgotten me, I have to move on" I said to myself until I saw a park.

I wanted to be alone while reading this letter. But then I realized that there are so many people in the park. But since I was already there, I managed to find someplace to sit, a brown bench in the middle of the park.

When I sat down I looked at the envelope for a while, wondering what is inside. But suddenly a leaf fell on my head, I took the leaf and was surprised to see that it was already withered, then I looked around and saw many of them floating in the air and being blown by the wind so I realized that it was already AUTUMN.

I didn't noticed because I am still lost in my own thoughts after breaking up with Marzia. She was everything to me, I dont know what to do without her.

"So how am I supposed to move on?" I asked myself. "Maybe I should just read the letter". 

When I opened the envelope I can feel my heart beating rapidly and loudly that I can hear it through my ears.

I swallowed roughly trying to hold back my tears from falling while I was reading the letter from Marzia.

As I was reading the wind blew more producing a whistling sound making all the orange colored leaves float in the air and was scattered everywhere.

It is stated in the letter that she is very sorry for everything. She apologized because our relationship did'nt work out so well and she said that it is all her fault and she would take all the blame for what had happened that made us broke up. She is very very sorry for taking me for granted and hoped that we can still be friends after all that happened between us . And she is also hoping that I can manage to forgive her. She also said that if i really can't forgive her it would be okay because she understands why. But if things really dont get well between us she is very grateful that she met me and thought her a very valuable lesson in her life, she will always cherish all the wonderful memories that we shared. . And lastly she wishes me all the best and hope that i can finally find the girl that i truly deserve, the one who can love me for who I am with all her heart and would always be there for me.

By reading all of that, I havent noticed that the tears i was holding for so long finally fell and streamed down my face.

Then suddenly anger spread over me because the flashback of what she did to me keep repeating over and over again in my mind.

What she did to me was very hard to forget. I dont even know if i can forgive her. Because why does she have to say all the things she needs to say in a letter? Why can't she just talk to me in person? I really dislike that habit of her, of expressing her feelings always through letter, Like what she did when she accepted me for her boyfriend. She always does that in a form of a letter. That is one of the reasons why it is hard for me to forget her, because I really cant tell if she really mean all those words she has written. Even though I understand why she cant talk to me face to face, she doesnt want to see me angry or heartbroken because of her especially when she says all of that to me.

I am feeling different kinds of emotions right now.

There are many things going through my mind and there are many things that i would like to say to her but i dont know how. And I know I shouldn't if i want to move on

This letter that she gave me is a mark or a symbol that I really should get over her and move on...

Trying to forget someone who was once the world to you.

Even though its hard i will try my best to finally forget her.

The end of our relationship is the step to my new beggining.

A new chapter of my life is ready to begin.

A new chapter without any interferance from her.

But before I can flip the new chapter of my life i have to move on...

It is not as easy as you can say it, moving on is difficult..

But that is part of life.

Even though its been quite a while since what happened between us I can still feel the Pain. The same Pain I felt when I found out that she tricked me, that she just used me.

But how can this Pain that I'm feeling rigth now dissapear?

It can finall y go away if i have move on already..

I think only time can heal the pain...

The feeling of being heart broken...your heart being broken into pieces...

Its hard. Thats why I know it takes Time for me to finally get over what Marzia and I had.

I just sat there in the bench for like hours without even knowing the time because Im lost in my thoughts trying to clear things in my mind.

When it became darker I realized that only few people were left in the park so I decided to just go home.

I was walking to go home I saw a trash bin beside a post so I crumpled forcefully the letter that Mar-- . I never even want to say her name ever again. So i throw the letter with rage visible from my eyes.

I know that the first step of moving on is getting rid of all the things that reminded me of her and the pictures of us together.