Part 1

Alia POV

The clatter of horseshoes against mud was not a very delightful sound.And neither was the one coming from your chains rubbing against each other.The Opposition never told me what my role in the castle was gonna be but apparently not very nice.I was betting on a servant or a cook helper or something incredibly low.My shoes were ruined forever and so was the end of my dress.It wasn't much but it was all I had.Also I was in a desperate need of shower.In my defense we were traveling for days from The lake and no one bothered to put me on a horse.We reached a small bridge and one of my guards pushed me forward with some kind of a stick.

"I think that if you are gonna push me around like an animal you might as well do it with your hands."He made a sound witch reminded me of snoring, tough he was clearly awake, and I added."Come on I'm not that gross. And if you think I am, all you have to do is look at yourself."I won myself a good old punch in the face with that stick again but it was so hard I fell on the ground. Altough I was satisfied with what I said and laughed.

"Keep walking."He ordered coldly but the frustration was lighting his eyes on fire.

In all that I hadn't seen the palace right in front of me.I hadn't seen the towers that dissappeared in the sky, the walls and the trees peeking behind them in burning pink.
And even tough this place was clearly a dungeon I would lie if I said it wasn't a beautiful one.Especially as the sun was fading behind it and the golden light made even the shadows look so safe.There was a gate in front of us and two fully armed men.

"We brought the girl."That was all he said.All the greeting,all the explanation,all he needed to say for them to let them in with a girl in chains.

We walked in and entered the beautiful garden.I wasn't sure whether it was the main entrance or not but if I were to pick I would choose this one.There were colorful flowers witch fulfilled the area with tropical scents and stone fountains with pretty illustrations and sentences in long forgotten languages.But what surpriesed me were all the birds singing.I didn't think there would be living things here.

"So how's the new queen?"I made an accent on queen and got another slap with the stick that dragged me to the ground."Uh,you really aren't very friendly,you know?"I said lifting myself with my elbows."You absolutely ruined my dress."I hassle in frustration."And what on earth are these ridiculous chains for?It's not like I'm not coming here willingly."
He makes a loud noise witch is supposed to make me shut up."Real classy."I'm finally back to feet pretending to have no clue of how to fight or use theese chains to choke all four men to death in less than a minute.

Quickly we enter the actual castle trough glass doors.Those sure weren't very practical although they made quite the impression.Personally,I wasn't a fan.A nicely dressed man comes to us and curtsies as if I wasn't covered from head to toe in mud and theese men didn't stink like rotten pigs.

"Hello,hope you has a nice journey."He looks me in the eyes and continues."Well,you must be quite the trouble.I don't think Roderick has ever gotten anyone that dirty so quickly."He gives me a charming smile.

"Lovely.I must be his favorite."I smile right back.

"You must talk to the captain as it is required."The one who seems to be Roderick says that.

"Oh,so no more slamming then.And you decided to talk now.Wow if it isn't my lucky day."Roderick presses his lips together but says nothing and the captain of whatever smiles.

"Why don't you take her to her room now."It's not a question.
Wait,I have a room?Whaaat?I must not be so lowly hired after all."And take those funny chains off the poor lady...?"

"Alia."I answer for him and we head for my room.