Part 4

The next day I tried to avoid any human contact. Of course, being a prince and all, that wasn't an easy thing. I had a meeting with my brother and a bunch of other important royals to discuss some of the matters in the city.

Non of them knew what the streets were like, really. They didn't bother to go out there, talk to the people, try to understand them. I knew it was just because their jobs didn't give them much time to wander around but I think they wouldn't have done it anyways.

"Good day, your highness" a maid bowed to me but I kept my face straight.

It wasn't good for any of us to talk to the servants, but I've been getting really tired lately because of all the things that I am expected to do and not to do.

Like that lady last night. She seemed so...down to earth, someone who is good with and to people, someone you'd want as your friend. But I couldn't talk to her on daily basis, she'd eventually find out I was the prince. And what would happen if someone saw us or see us having a conversation in the future?

Only bad things, as always. It was like fate was reading my mind because as I was thinking of our little chit-chat last night, I saw her on the other end of the big hallway.

She was carrying a basket full of fruit, looking around suspiciously. She saw me and her expression seemed to lighten up a bit.

She still tought I wasn't a royal, so it was natural for us to talk. But, as she approached, I saw my brother's adviser. He looked at me and tought it was the perfect moment for us to discuss yet another city issue.

"Hello" she stepped closer. "I forgot to introduce myself last night. My names Alia." She smiled a little.

"Nice to meet you, again" I grin. "I am..."

"Prince Emrys, there you are!" Flynn, my brother's adviser came to us in a rush.

"What?" Alia looked as though someone hit her on the head with a stone. Her skin lost all its colour as she realised who actually was I.

"Flynn" I declared, not bothering to look at his direction. As I let anger fill all the cells in my body.

"Great to see you, my prince. We've got some things taken care of. Oh, and we need a new trainer for the castle's guards."

"Well, you see..." i began but he interrupted me.

"We need you now, your highness."

I sighed. Then looked at Alia. She seemed to have come to her senses. She had a "I will murder you" look on her tiny face, which made her look kind of adorable.

'Wow, stop this, Emrys' I told myself and turned my attention in the other direction.

"Shall we?" I gestured towards the door for Flynn to walk and we left the girl behind us, not looking twice.

***

If Flynn had noticed something strange in my behavior or found it odd that I was having a converation with a lady, he didn't say anything.

After we talked and discussed, we attended the meeting with a bunch of other important people and then I had to go and train some of the new soldiers.

"Block me and then try to disarm me, Glowen!" I yelled at one of them.

They were tuff, but that wasn't enough if you wanted to take part in keeping the palace safe.

The clicking of swords and the dumb sound of boots against wood was filling the arena.

That was my place, the only room in the castle I felt safe in.

Honestly, I think we needed more girls here. Sure, most of them didn't want anything to do with fights and whatnot, but have you seen an angry woman? I mean, they can do some real damage if they wanted to.

"Okay,  listen up! I want you all ready for tomorrow's tournament, alright? Now go and get some rest, all of you!" I demanded and they all hurried to get out of my sight.

I was angry today, I wasn't sure especially why. Everything seemed annoying and I wanted to just stab something with my gigantic sword.

Well, I guess another tour of the village tonight was just what I needed.

***
Sorry for the short chapter, we'll try to update sooner.
Comment and vote.
Do you ship #Alrys?