Chapter 1

Ok so this is a first post on this website... I really hope you enjoy it and though I may be doing this story somewhat recklessly (no middle, no end), I hope I may finish it. That will just be my goal for this book. So, without further ado... Enjoy! ;)

                                                       ***

chapter 1

'I will slap you, you know.' I threaten, poking a finger to my chest.

'Oh yeah? Try it, little girl!' A voice mocks back.

I glower. 'You are sooo lucky you are right where you are right now.'

'I don't need luck to be right.'

Just about losing it, I inhale and exhale.

This little brat is getting out.

Now.

'Where is that stupid spell book?!' I exclaim digging around my trash heap of a room.

'I'm flattered by how much you feel you need to see me everyday, but I'm not interested. I like them curvy not...flat.' He remarks. I fume, my eyes narrowing even though I know he can't see.

'No offense, of course!' He adds. 'Just trying to let you down easy.' I feel a smirk grow onto his face.

Breathe Adrianna,  breathe.

'Of course I understand! I just thought you might change your mind if my fist got to know your face a little better!' I say as sweetly as possible.

'Ahaha! So thats how its gonna be! I'm sure that this road is a double edged sword for you, little Adrianna.'

He was right. He was so right, but now I just don't care.

I whisper the magical array of a melody mastered only by a few. Which is why I had my book.

A bright light flashes as a thin trail of sparkling pureness flows out of my chest. The usual tingle sets in as I feel a certain sense of loss. The mist starts to settle and a boy materializes. Admittedly it is one of the most beautiful things i've ever seen, but that's something i'll never admit aloud. The misty boy opens one eye as he continues to come into view.

'Miss me?' Says the boy, his voice coming out in trails of gold. I might also add that no matter how many times he speaks to me, my knees turn to jelly every single time. His voice makes me wish I was blind just on the chance I might be able to hear it better. Just saying.

Finally, fully complete, the boy looks at me with sparkling emerald eyes and golden hair. He looks like he just jumped out of a modeling catalogue. I smile at him. He shoots me a dazzling display of white teeth. I lean in close and smell a sweet mixture of lemon and lavender. A little put off, the boy leans toward me as well.

'Now do you finally-' he starts but never finishes. I punch him in the face.