Prom And Performing

I'm sorry for taking so long to update but half of the chapter got deleted and I couldn't retrieve all of it back so I had to rewrite some parts. You guys deserve a longer chapter so here it is. Oh and I entered the Wattys.

Callie's POV

It's been months since I got out of the fucking hospital. All our physical injuries are healed, but the idiots at the hospital over estimated the time it would take to heal, so we had our casts on for 5 extra weeks. If you can't tell, I hate hospitals. But the thing I hate more, is school. School is the place the government forces you to attend because they love to make the youth suffer. Everyone in my school is an asshole except for the music teacher and a few quiet kids.

About a week after I got out, my mom got a call from the principal. Apparently he wants us to take a test to see if we could skip to 12th grade. It wasn't that hard to get the message to all of us cause there is at least two rebels together most of the time.

Since the kidnapping we've been having nightmares. The only thing that can soothe me completely is Jax. He was there in the cell with me the entire time, we got even closer. The other rebels help as well, just not as well as Jax.

When she told us we were all hanging at my house playing video games. We had just finished making a video explaining everything that's happened and that we were taking a break from YouTube. Thankfully, the fans understand, except for the few who were there just to send hate.

We would take the test the day after, and surprisingly we all passed. And I promise, it had nothing to do with the threat Hunter gave the principal or the fact that we shared answers through our minds. Okay maybe it did, but the point is that we all passed.

When we went to school, everyone had heard about what happened and didn't really mess with us. But on the first day I did catch some of the arrogant jocks bullying the new kid.

"Scram!" They take one look at me and bolt away so fast they looked ridiculous.

"You okay?" I ask the boy.
"Yeah I'm fine. I'm Cayden." He says holding out his hand. I stare at it for a second then shake his hand.
"Callie."

I get a good look at the kid. He's around my age, maybe a year older. He has black hair, blue eyes that are covered by black framed glasses. He's wearing a black button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, black jeans, and converse. He has longish hair, is wearing a black beanie, and has a lip ring.

"Callie Johnson?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You practically a legend around here."

"Thanks. Oh and those assholes won't mess with you anymore."

"Oh thanks. Um... I don't really have friends, can I sit with you guys at lunch."

"Yeah, I mean it's the least I could do."

And since that day he's been hanging out with us. I mean not illegal stuff with us, but around school.

He's actually the one who got Brooke into the idea that we should go to prom, which was in three weeks when the subject came up. But now it's tomorrow.

"No, I'm not going." I argue.
"Yes you are." Cayden argues back.
"Come on its your senior Prom, you have to go!" Brooke tries to convince me.
"I'll be the only one without a date."