❀ fourteen ❀

It's alright
Calling out for somebody
To hold tonight...

Harry

The weekend went by faster than I wanted to. I didn't want to go back to school especially knowing that Louis and Finn will probably tell me all about their experience at Goonies. I actually even thought about faking sick but I knew that wouldn't pass by Niall. Then again, it just might.

I was laying in Niall's bed with him; we both were shirtless. No, nothing happened. And even if I did want something to happen, my memories come back to haunt me and bite me in the ass.

When the alarm clock went off, Niall groaned; seems like he didn't want me to go to school either. I watched as he reached over and shut off the alarm before groaning again.

"Who in god's name thought it was alright to make kids wake up this early just to go and be tortured with school work for seven hours?" he said as he sat up, rubbing his hands up his face.

"And to top it all off give us hours of homework too."

Niall chuckled then looked down at me.

"Which you, mister, got none of it done," Niall leaned down and softly kissed my lips. "However that's my fault." He chuckled again. "I wouldn't tell your teachers that. I'm sure they'll never fall for it."

"Plus, you're supposed to be my brother," I pulled him down into another kiss. "Mmh, I can just say my dog ate my homework."

Niall pecked my lips once more.

"Baby boy, we don't have a dog."

"It was worth a shot."

He smiled down at me before pressing a kiss to my nose. We both got out of bed and I left his room for mine so I could change into clean clothes. I went for a cozy look today. So that meant sweatpants, tank top and a light jacket. I honestly didn't care if it looked like I just threw this together and walked out the door. I didn't have anyone to impress at school. I didn't feel the need to. If someone had a problem with what I was wearing, they can keep it to themselves. Plus...most of the time, these types of clothes are what I feel most comfortable in.

I looked towards my door when I heard Niall knocking. I saw him with a glass of orange juice in his right hand a plate of waffles in the other.

"I know it's not the biggest breakfast—"

"It's still great, Ni," I walked towards him, took both the glass and plate, and began to walk with him to the kitchen. "Thank you."

We sat at the table as I ate my breakfast and Niall just sipped at his tea. I didn't like that Niall wasn't eating anything with me, but he reassured me that he'd get something on his way to work. So that settled any worries I had.

Once I was done with breakfast, I grabbed my backpack and we both left the house. The drive to the school was quiet except for the sound of Niall drumming his fingers against the steering wheel and him humming. Niall parked the car in the back of the parking lot—like he had before—then looked at me. He leaned over and softly kissed my lips before pulling back.

"Try not to get too turned on today?" he chuckled.

"I can't make any promises, Ni," I giggled.