Chapter5

"Ahh this was fun!" (y/n) says as we walked down the dark street, it currently being 8:30pm.

We walked around for hours doing nothing but talking but I didn't mind at all.

"It looks like it's going to rain though." she says looking up at the sky and just as she did rain began to pour down.

I sighed in relief at the fact that I brought an umbrella.

"Hurry up and get under." I say opening it.

She does without a second thought.

"Does it look like it'll stop?" She asks as her body shivers beside me.

We were extremely close right now and my heart was beating quickly.

"I'm not sure." I say honestly and she looks up at me, causing our faces to be only inches apart and my breath gets caught in my throat.

My eyes trailed down to her lips.

They were pink with a hint of red towards the inside.

"Woah, you look like you wanna kiss me." she teases and I feel my face getting hot.

She had no idea.

I feel myself leaning in and her eyes widen as her phone goes off.

Her head quickly snaps downwards as she takes her phone out.

When she puts it to her ear she looks up at the road ahead of her.

"Oh Grayson, where are you?" She asks and I feel angry.

Of course he'd call now of all times.

"Okay I'll be there soon." she says then hangs up.

"Uh, do you mind walking with me to liquor store down the street?" She asks rubbing at the back of her neck.

I sigh and nod.

I couldn't say no to her.

When we get there my eyes widened at the scene in front of me.

Standing there in the rain was Grayson with his lips on another girls neck.

I looked down at (y/n) just as tears poured from her eyes and she fell to the rain soaked segment.

When Grayson noticed a smirk made way to his face as he pulled the girl away to a car and drove away.

"Come on." I say helping (y/n) up.

"Why..? What did I do wrong? Am I not pretty enough or good enough for him?" She asks as tears stream down her face.

Her words broke my heart.

"Let's get you home." I say but she shakes her head.

"I'm not good enough! I'll let be good enough for him. Why can't I be-" I cut (y/n) off by crashing my lips onto hers.

I couldn't take it anymore.

She was good enough, she was perfect, she was my everything yet she wanted him.

Him.

She doesn't even fight against me as her hands dangle down at her sides.

I'm taken back when her lips start to move with mine.

This is all I had wanted for 5 years and it was happening.

I felt a pain in my chest as reality hit me.

She was only doing this because she was hurt.

I pushed back once I realized and she looked down at the ground.

"Promise me you won't go back to him." I say after a moment and she nods.

"I promise." she says in a low voice.

I let out a breath and wrap my jacket around her and pull her along with me.

"Please watch her." I say and Sky nods.

"Thank you for bringing her home." Sky says with a sad smile.

"It's no problem." I say and say goodbye then head back to the dorm.

Two broken hearts in one night...