Chapter 5

Charle quickly bid her farewell, disappearing into the shadows like a wraith,  her last words stating that Lucy wasn't alone, to stay safe and that it wouldn't be long now. But Lucy knew what she needed to do. She bid her time traveling back to the treasure room, even though she knew that each moment counted. Her brain trying to figure out the best approach.

She obviously couldn't force Natsu to do anything, and now was not the time for crafty manipulations either. So when she entered the treasure room, Happy dozing on Lucy's cot and Natsu resting his large head on a mountain of gold she spoke loud and clear "Natsu," she spoke, knowing full well she had to get this right the first time. "You have to leave the mountain. You have to leave now. I'll go with you, I'll stay with you, but you have to leave now!"

Natsu lifted his head, a bit startled by the sudden exclamation. With a huff, he gracefully shifted into his much smaller form making his way towards Lucy, pulling on the trousers that had laid crumpled on the floor before he reached her. He tilted his head to the side and scented the air. "You have been consorting another trespasser, little thief." He said, not sounding angry.

"Natsu, you have to listen to me." Lucy said. "You have to do what I have asked."

"And that is to leave, tell me why?"

So Lucy did. She recounted everything Charle said, the gathering armies, the inevitable blood shed, and the fear and panic that roiled in her stomach.

"It sounds as if there is going to be bloodshed whether I am here or not." Natsu said, waving his hand dismissively.

"I am not asking you to stop it!" Lucy exclaimed, "I'm asking you not to make it worse! Tear yourself and exit and leave! Do it, if for nothing else than for me! This isn't your home and this isn't your gold. Please, just this once, look passed your greed!"

"You can't possibly imagine I would actually comply?" Natsu asked incredulously.

Lucy licked her lips, picking her words carefully. "You can still take some of the gold, as much as you can carry! I'll help even, and then leave. I'll leave with you! We can go wherever you would like, as long as it's done peacefully. I promise!"

"Why would I take a mere handful of treasure when I already have the full amount? When I already have you?"

"But you won't. They're are armies coming for you! And this won't be like when you took this mountain, they are prepared for you!"

"Considering that they will all be to busy fighting each other, I'd say my chances are quite good." Natsu growled.

"I've evened their chances." Lucy said.

For the first time, Natsu straightened as he studied her with slitted green eyes. "How so?" He asked, a dangerous edge to his tone.

"I've told them where to aim." Lucy said, her voice wavering ever so slightly as a growl rumbled in Natsu's chest. "They now know that your armor is penetrable, that you are not infallible. Please, for your sake, just leave! Don't fight my friends!"

The air around her got hotter as Natsu got angrier, "I wonder," He sneered, sharp teeth gleaming dangerously and for the first time Lucy was reminded of the terrifying heartless beast she had met two months ago. "I wonder how fickle your affections are, little thief. How unreliable. I wonder what your friends would make of your time spent here. Of your time spent with me. I wonder if you would even tell them?And I wonder where your true motivation is; to protect the lives of your friend, or mine." His voice was so feral and empty she could barely recognize it as Natsu stalked closer with every word, Lucy found herself stumbling back in till her back pressed against the ice cold wall.