Chapter 2 ~Day 2; Part 1~

I woke up to the sound of cameras clicking and obnoxious giggling in the dorm this morning. I wondered what could be going on to cause this much of a stir so early on in the day. Then I realised. I don't remember getting out of Matty's bunk and returning to my own last night. WHOOPS.

Reluctantly I opened my eyes to see the entirety of my roommates, other than Matty who may I add was still fast asleep next to me. "She rises" Ross said, which earned a giggle from everyone else. "Someone clearly had fun last night" I heard a voice from above my head. It was Ellie. Before I could interrupt and correct everyone in their misjudgment, Matty began to stir. "We did indeed", he said which made everyone laugh. I was going to protest but before I could Matty grabbed me by the waist and pulled me in close to his chest. By this point everyone was done with mocking us and went out for breakfast. Matty and I shortly followed after finally peeling ourselves from the bed.
"Sorry I must of fallen asleep last night, I didn't mean to embarrass you" I said to Matty.
"Yeah you fell asleep pretty much as soon as we got back to the dorm, I didn't see the point in waking you as you looked comfy and well you were keeping me warm too, it's no big deal" he replied, causing the best to rise to my cheeks a little.

A short while after breakfast we were instructed to follow Emily down to one of the fields close to the barn which appeared to have lost its use a long time ago.

"So.." she began. "I hope you've all had a nice night and chance for you all to get to know eachother better.." "I'm sure Matty and Chloe did last night" George somewhat whispered to the rest of the group, Adam and Ross laughed, "Well hey so did you and Ellie, so if we're calling eachother out.." I started, which gained me a look from both George and Ellie, Matty giggled, and we continued to listen to Emily bang on about the activities for the next few days.

Today we were doing some sort of team building exercise which required us to work in teams of 6, Myself, Matty, Ellie, George, Adam and Ross, perfect. "So to win the challenge," Emily started "Every group must split themselves into groups of 3 first of all, and all sit inside the canoe in the lake. Each member of the team has to successfully swim from their canoe at one side of the river, to the rest of their team at the other end of the river. The fastest team wins. And the prize is good! The winning team will get to spend the night camping among the fields with the tents we have in the storage room" The boys seemed clearly more impressed by this reward than Ellie and I.
"fucking sick!!" Matty said, warning equally excited responses from the other boys.
"Lame" Ellie laughed, I nodded and giggled in response. Although we both agreed that it would be nice to make an effort, for the boys sake.
"On your marks, get set, ... GO" Emily screamed as Adam jumped into the freezing cold lake, swimming as fast as he could towards the canoe with myself, Ellie, and Ross already in it. Adam swam really fast, next it was Ross' turn, equally as fast as Adam. On Ross' arrival to the other canoe Matty plummeted into the water. He swam a little slower than Adam and Ross but that was probably due to his smaller frame. He high-fived me as he reached our canoe, then I jumped in. The race was actually really fun, and to top it all off we actually won! The look on the boys faces was great, and you could see that they were really happy we won.
"We did it!" Matty screamed, as he sort of picked me up off the ground. We all cheered.

Later that day we began to set up the tent for the night. As part of our prize Emily gave us free rein of the supplies cupboard as well as throwing in some marshmallows to toast on the bonfire later on.

After collecting the main bulk of our tent, Ellie, Ross and I left the rest of the boys as we went to collect some 'decoration' for the tent. Ellie walked off ahead of Ross and I, as she was clearly more excited about decorating the tent, which was hardly surprising as she studied art at school.
"Matty likes you" Ross half giggled
"And how'd you know that?" I pondered, the smile on Ross' face kept growing
"You can't possibly tell me that you've never noticed?! he's always around you! and frankly he never shuts up about you!" Ross giggled again. I liked Ross, he was nice, funny and really just a genuine guy.

When we arrived at the store room we collected a lot of art supplies. We didn't really have a plan, so we just grabbed basically all we could; fabric paint, face paints, bunting, and a few balloons. After stumbling back over to the field where the boys were, the tent was all set up. It was HUGE. I was really excited.

"Hey! I know!" Adam said. "Let's make it festival themed!! and we can get some instruments from the music cupboard!" all the boys seemed really excited about it, as Adams suggestion caused them to erupt with cheers.

"So you play?" I asked George, as we walked over to the music rooms.

"Matty hasn't told you?" he replied, causing me to shake my head curiously.

"Yeah we're kind of in a band, we have been for a couple of years now, it's nothing too serious yet, just a few gigs here and there" George continued

I was kind of annoyed that Matty didn't tell me that he was in a band, but as George said, it wasn't too serious yet, so I'm not surprised he didn't tell me

"This good enough?" I asked George, as I held up two acoustic guitars.

He nodded "Yeah that's good for Adam and Ross, maybe pick one up for Matty too?" he half questioned, and I nodded before picking. up another. George had gathered a couple drums which I assumed were for him.

We walked back to the tent, instruments in hand, excited for the night ahead.