Chapter 12

••dan pov••

the closet door closes, shutting out all light. the dark consumes me. it's so cold.

I put my hands in my black jacket. shivering, I gently lean my head against the nearest wall.

why was phil here? how did he even know about it? why did he care about my bruise?

he acted differently than normal. his blue eyes showed compassion not disgust. his voice sounded a little shaky, like what I heard this morning.

was he the mysterious person this morning? why does he care? why did he stop his friend from doing that?

my eyes widen.

it's phil. HE IS PHIL.

opening the door, I run through the hallways in search for phil lester.

he is my phil. he is MY phil. HE IS MY PHIL AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT.

I check the library, cafeteria, and gym. he's nowhere to be found. maybe he went back to class. I peep my head in the window. the bell rings abruptly. moving out of the doorway, my eyes scan for phil.

where is he?

~~~

the rest of the day, I continually search the hallways for the black - haired beauty. perhaps he skipped school.

the last bell of the day rings, signaling to go home. while walking out of the prison doors, I see pj walking towards me.

oh shit.

"hey, loser. you think you're off the hook? just because my stupid ass friend came to the rescue doesn't mean we're finished."

my theory is correct. phil and pj have been buddies since middle school.

I smile to myself, thinking blue eyes really cares about me.

"hey! you think this is funny?!" the bully retorts.

"n-no! i-"

before I have time to respond, his fist collides with my stomach. the wind gets knocked out of me, as I crumble to the ground. pj now kicks me in the stomach. the pain is overbearing. he picks me up like I'm a rag doll, then punches me right on my bruised cheek. I fall to the ground. my head hits the concrete, instantly making the world around me black. I fade off while I hear footsteps running away.

"dan! oh my gosh, dan!" is the last thing I hear.

~~~

thank everyone for all the reads, votes, and comments! I never knew my story would get this big♡♡♡