Something's Off

Myla's POV:

We walk down the narrow side walk and into his apartment. I looked around for someone to come out and say hi. "I live alone" he finally said. "Oh, what about Jake" I wondered with concern. " my dad took him back to New York, I didn't want to go back so I stayed." "no mom." I replied. "Nope" he said. 'nope?' really? He wasnt even gonna tell me why. Well maybe it was to hard for him. "What about you?" he said getting two cans of diet cola from the fridge. "What about me?" I asked in confusion. "You live with Jay but why not your dad?" he clarified. "hm, well he left us when i was a baby for a guy, he still loved my mom but i didn't want to disrupt his... uneventful... life." I tried to choose my words carefully because it is true i loved my dad and he loved me back but he still left. "A... guy." Luke said slowly. " Yup" and thats all I could say "enough about families" I said heading to the couch with the diet cola in my hand "Ya" he said softly following me. "So what do you have in mind." he said looking at my stack of papers. "Lots of ideas" I said with a goofy smile. Everyone knows im the drama freak I love plays and musicals it's just something about them makes me so happy.

Lukes POV:

She looked at me with this goofy smile that was so infectious I couldn't help but smile back. Her beautiful hazel eyes and blonde streaked brunette hair looked so nice in the shining light-- 'Snap out of it' I heard a woman in my head. I know it sounds weird but my mom still likes to hang around in my head, well maybe it is weird. But I got right back into focus. "What about this" she showed me these drawings of fashion designs for Romeo and Juliet. "Wow. they look amazing" I said in shock of her beautiful talent. "Really" she broke my focus "I kinda just threw this together" she went on. "It's better than what I would've done." She smiled. I picked up the script. "I'm gonna use the restroom" she said getting up and heading that way. I looked up from my script and watched her head to the bathroom. Watching her beautiful wavey hair bounce around her shoulders. knock knock knock knock I got up and opened the door. "Hey Luke!" Jay squealed. "Hey" thats all that I could say. I was so confused. Why was she here? I wondered. She was about to say something else when we heard a scream. We both ran to the bathroom door. "Myla, are you okay!" I shouted. No answer. "Myla open the door!" Jay screamed. Myla eventually stepped out "Are you okay" Jay said in a panic. "I'm fine" she replied leaving us baffled.

Myla's POV:

I got up "I'm gonna use the restroom" I told Luke. I started walking that way when I could feel his stare and it made me blush and smile. I got in and locked the door. After I was done I went to the sink and turned it on. When I got done I looked in the mirror and what I saw startled me making me scream and stumble back. I looked in the mirror and saw this big, fury beast with razor sharp teeth peering out of the muzzle. "Myla, are you okay" Luke shouted on the other side of the door. I relized that the beast I saw was me but when I touched me cheeks they felt normal. "Myla, open the door" I heard Jay, she sounded scared. I looked back in the mirror but the beast had vanished it was just little, human, me staring back. I opened the door and walked out "Are you okay" Jay said. All I could do was say "I'm Fine"