Unbroken Golden Rule!

Manik:
I was already feeling bad for having spoken to her like that but it was spontaneous. I couldn't help those words. They came out on their own. I didn't mean any of it just like i knew she didn't mean any of it. Even she was teasing me just like i had been but i being the possessive monster had to say that. Idiot me! How could I even dare to say that i would die leaving her all alone to handle herself. Pondering over my words again and again is actually killing me from inside.
It was almost the end of the party but she wasn't around. My eyes were craving to have her in front of me but she wasn't. All us had gathered at the bar area along with Soha to have some fun and I'd be lying if I say i hadn't forgotten about Nandini for a while until i saw her coming out of the same corridor i had left her in. My heart pounded a hundred times more than it usually does when i saw her swollen eyes as she looked around. Just as her eyes fell on me i looked away trying to look casual i don't know why when the actual fact was that i wanted to take her in my arms and tell her to stop hurting herself and assure her that i didn't mean whatever i said.
She looked away walked to where her family stood. Chacha chachi were busy greeting the dispersing crowd and my girl was busy trying to control her continuous tears.
"Nandini!"suddenly i heard Aryaman call her as he rushed upto her and she faked a smile at him. All our eyes were on them as he dragged her to us but she not for once looked up.
"guyz! I have something to tell you all!"he began and we all looked at him intently except her. She didn't look up. I could see tear drops dripping down her chin and honestly it pained more than any wound.
"actually people.. You might be wondering how come i am here.."Aryaman paused and i fixed my eyes on her wishing for her to look at me for once.
"that's true.. Nandini had called me for Manik's birthday and your launch.. But that's not all.. Honestly.. I wasn't going to come had it not been for my work.. Nandini I'm sorry that might hurt but that's true.."he nudged her and she nodded in no still not looking at either of us.
"well! I'm going back tomorrow itself and i was here coz i need some models for new fashion magazines we'll be launching in India.. And i definitely got a few.. Manik would you and Nandini be my models for the next few covers of my magazine.. I really need it!"he completed and that was when she looked up but only at him. All of the others began hooting and i was quite excited about it. Well it could be a good start for Nandini.
"ofcourse!"i  said very confidently hoping to get a positive response from Nandini as well but instead all i heard was Soha's excitement.
"Aryaman.. Have you lost it.. I'm not doing this.."she burst out and everyone silenced. I was shocked. Was she so angry with me that she didn't want to do it with me.
"but Nandini please.."he pleaded as he looked at her but his expressions changed as faced her.
"hey are you.." Nandini cut him in mid.
"no...I'm not doing this.. I'm not made for this sorry.."she said and walked away from there not letting him or anyone speak.
I was quite shocked at her behaviour. Was she doing that because of me or she really meant that she wasn't made for that.
"Manik! What's wrong with her.. Why was she crying.. It wasn't such big an issue.. Usse nhi karna toh i'll find someone else.."Aryaman said. And his words surprised me even more. No doubt LA had changed him alot. He hardly seemed to care about Nandini's tears when once that was what mattered to him. But today all he cared about was his model.
"I'll talk to her! She would do it!"i said and moved out of there.
I asked Rishabh but he had no idea of where she went. I called her driver and he informed me that he wasn't with her. She had asked him to leave.
"madam bhot ro rhi thi! Naine unse kaha ki mai unhe ghar chhorh deta hun! Par unhone mana kar diya aur khud gaadi le kar chali gyi!"he told me and i closed my eyes but her swollen eyes flashed in front of me. I had broken a promise i had made to myself. A promise that i would never let her carefree smile die and today itself she is crying because of me.
...
I parked my car in front of her house and rushed in. The servants informed that she wasn't yet home and that was enough to get me worked up. I sat back in my car trying to remember all the places we had visited together but the only thing i could see was her upset face and the only thing that ran in my mind was that i had broken a lot of things today. Her heart. My promise. Our golden rule. The rule we had made together that whatever may happen, however critical the situation might be, whatever misunderstanding there may be but we'll sit together and solve them. We would stay in each other's arms while we complain about our problems and complain about each other. I had broken our rule. I had walked out on her.
"I'm sorry Nandini.."i said closing my eyes still trying to figure out where could she be at this hour..
....
Nandini :
My tears weren't stopping and this wasn't because of Aryaman's offer but because his words weren't getting out of my head. Whatever happened to our golden rule. We were supposed to be together whatever the situation maybe. We were supposed to stay together and talk out our differences but here i was sitting on this rock alone in this dark night. Even Juhu at this hour was more like a haunted place with the waves striking against the hard rocks making it sound horrendous.
This was the best place where i found my peace however strong my inner termoil maybe but today my peace wasn't even here because my piece wasn't with me. My better half. He must be somewhere back in the party with his friends trying to understand why i had walked out like that.
I realized it was never only the place that gave me my peace but also the company i always had and today he wasn't around and so wasn't my peace.
I was still thinking about his words looking at the cloudy sky ahead when i felt a pair of hands wrap around my shoulders. I shuddered a little with the similar touch after a long time.
"stop thinking about it! You know I didn't mean any of it!"he said in his husky voice kissing my earlobe softly. I closed my eyes to let in whatever he said and whatever he did and he pulled me towards him as he sat behind me.
His front touched my back and he made my head rest on his shoulder. My tears started rolling down at a faster speed now.
"I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!"he chanted in my ears wiping my incessantly flowing tears continuously.
"how did you know i was here?"i finally asked trying to control my tears my head still resting on his shoulders. He didn't break our golden rule. We were in each other's arms complaining and apologizing for our mistakes. It just taught me that we need to give each other a little space to let us realise our mistakes to let us realize where the problem actually lies among us.
"there's only one place where we find our peace.."he said kissing my temples.
"I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have said that.. I just got too possessive and forgot that you could never leave me for anyone.. And so couldn't i.. I can't leave you alone too..because we're forever.."he said softly and i turned to face him. My tears had stopped. His words were the limits to my tears. They kept flowing until they found their limit.
"hamesha!"i said and he smiled wiping the wetness of my face.
"Manik! You trust me na!"i said as he pulled me in a hug and after a long time i found my peace returning to me.
"alot! I trust you more than myself.."he Said rubbing my back.
"then trust me when i say i love you! Trust me when i say I won't leave you ever! I can't leave you! You're the need to my wants! Manik if i am the body you're my soul.. I can't leave you ever! Remember the Cinderella always belonged to the prince charming.."i said hugging him tighter.
"i know i trust you.. I was just insecure because i know there might be someone who can love you more than i can.."he said.
"Manik.. Nobody can love me like you do.. When i call you my prince charming and my knight in shining Armour its not because i want to flatter my boyfriend but because he deserves all of these..not only because you love me so much but because you love everyone so much.. You even love chachi ke experimented dishes.."i said and we giggled.
"i love you!"he said hugging me tighter and i responded.
"but remember one thing you.. Tum dobara uss Soha se chipke toh vo uska last day hoga! Sabko pyaar karne ka matlab yeh nhi ki literally sabse hi pyaar karoge!"i warned him while still hugging him tightly and he chuckled.
"I'm sorry i spoiled your birthday!"i said finally realizing.
"shut up.. You were the one who made it so special that i wish it doesn't end.."he said pulling me closer.
"happy birthday Manik! I love you!"i said as he cradled me in his arms.
"me more! But that's not enough i need another gift from you.. And this one's important.. Promise me you would give me whatever i want.."his voice suddenly turned serious and i looked up at him confused. He looked damn serious about something. But what?