Chapter 7

Author's note:

So, some of you probably hate me because it's taken me more than a year to write the next chapter. It's truly shocking and I'm totally ashamed. I had an entire story planned knowing exactly where I was going to go and what would happen with each character, but right now I'm struggling to remember what I wanted to happen. To be honest, I have absolutely no idea where the hell I'm going with this chapter, so just bear with me.

Oh, and I entered the edited Gang War into the wattys and I was wondering if I shouldn't add gang war 2? Tell me what you think? Here goes nothing...

***************************************************************************

The old man sat on the terrace, the night's glistening stars being his only view for the past six months. He was itching to go down to the busy streets, to walk amongst the bustling people, but he knew if he would do so his plan would fall to shatters. A loud knock on the glass sliding door broke his train of thought, a small smile crept on his face as he saw the man he thought to be his only ally.

"Come in son," He ushered the young man closer. He was his source of information, his confidant. Over the past few months, he'd acquired information that would change the way the town was being run. He thought back over the years, how his older brother had destroyed the empire his father had taken so long to build. Giovanni was driven by greed, thriving off the thought that people feared them. Fear was nothing if it was without respect, he loathed his older brother and that was part of the reason why Salvatore took his mother's maiden name after his father's death.

"They're shaken up, they're already planning a way to get rid of you." The young man sat fidgeting with his fingers. Salvatore examined him, watched his every movement. He loved the fact that his source of information was one of their own, he thrived off the fact that he could get one of them to rat the others out and it reminded him of the games his father used to play with the rival gang members in town.

"Good," he replied, his eyes returning to the glistening orbs in the sky. "It won't be long. I will finally have my city back."

***Harry***

I held the young man in my arms, his breathing had become labored and I knew his life, which had barely begun, was close to an end.

"Harry,"He whispered my name as he tugged on my arm that was firmly pressed against his wound.

"Don't try and talk, mate. We'll get you some help." I knew it was helpless; he was close to his end but I just couldn't stop the words from spilling from my lips. He shook his head, taking another short breath. He pulled me close to him, his mouth at my ear.

"He... Salvatore said something before he shot me. He said..." he coughed, the blood from his mouth now staining the side of my head.

"We have a rat, Harry. He has someone on the inside." My eyes widened at the statement and my head started drumming against my chest rapidly. I looked at him, all the colour had drained from my face, he pulled me down again.