Chapter 7: "Go!"

"I... I just can't believe this..." I hand her another tissue. "Josh... He just..."
"I'm sorry, Beige," I interrupt her rambling. "I really am."
After I told her everything, she never believed me. Not a word. But then I showed her text messages between us, and she got it. It makes me feel guilty to see her so upset like this.
"Where is Josh?" I ask after she snorts for the eighth time.
"He's in our room," she sniffles. "He's asleep."
"What do you say we give him a piece of his own medicine?" I queer.
"What, you mean rat him out?"
"Exactly."
She sighs. "Yeah, but Josh was everything to me, I just can't-"
I hold my phone screen up to her face, a picture of our messages from last week.
Cassie Webster: thx again for paying for our date!!You have to remind me that its my turn to pay next time
Joshua Reed: no im paying next time. I love you and ur not paying for me
Cassie Webster: you love me?
Joshua Reed: cassie, im going to marry u one day. right after i get my degree im going to move back to NY with you. ill be the doctor, youll be the NY times writer, well have children, everything will be perfect.
Cassie Webster: really?
Joshua Reed: cassie, i swear to you. youre the only girl in the world for me.
She wipes the tears from her eyes. "Let's go," she commands.

The moment I burst the door open, Josh immediately covered the screen on his laptop. "Baby? Baby what happened?"
The voice belongs to a male.

"What?" I scream out in anger as Beige starts crying again. "You're gay, too?"
"Uh- ah-"
"How- why would you do this?" Beige screams as tears fall down her cheeks. "I thought you loved me!"
"Who are you talking to?" The male voice sounds angry.
"Well, um, Mike, I-"
"Josh!" Screams Beige. "You have to pick! Who do you want?"
He looks at her torn-apart expression, to my furious one, to "Mike's" angry one.
"Mike," Josh sighs. "I think you know I love you the most. Sorry for cheating on you, bro."
Mike sighs. "Well, it isn't the first time. I forgive yah, man."
And somehow, I'm not even bothered by this.
Something tells me deep inside that there is someone else who truly loves me.
But who?
"No!" Beige screams and sinks to her knees. "This can't be happening!"
I kneel down next to her, rubbing her back. "Im sorry, Beige. You'll find someone else. Someone who truly loves you. Because you are a truly amazing girl.
"No!" She lifts her head from her knees. "No! If I can't have Josh..."
She jumps up and runs to the closet, returning with a tool hammer.
"...No one can!"

I scream, diving for the corner farthest from Beige as she swings for Josh's head, him ducking just in time, and she hits the laptop which makes the screen completley blow off the keyboard, landing on the floor with a shatter.
Everyone screams.
Josh crouches down behind the bed, and she hops right on that matress, bends down, and swings one more time.
I hear the very last word of Joshua Reed.
"Cassie!"

She screams after his own, and I look away before I can see any of the damage done to him.
Then she starts crying again.
"It didn't mean to kill him!" She yells out, as if she expected blowing a hammer to his skull to do something different. "I just got so mad I..."
I don't look up. I don't.
"You have to get out of here, Cassie," she cries out.
I look up, covering my hand over my left eye to prevent seeing Josh's remains. The whole left side of her face is sprawled with sparkling fresh blood.
"Go!"
And I do. I jump up and race out of the room.
But I couldn't help but looking back where Josh stood one more time.