Chapter 3

Hey guys, sorry I couldn't keep my promise for all those chapters last week. I was actually working on this chapter for most of the week. So since I couldn't update last week, and last week was Christmas, I'm going to post all the chapters I was supposed to post last week (that I'm done I just couldn't post) today. Hopefully I will be able to get back on top of my schedule. Anyways, as I told you in the last chapter, the video I'll add to this chapter will have something big to do with the chapter. This chapter is a descriptive chapter more than anything, but around the end of this chapter, when Kathryn and Jack are talking, and he asks her a question, I need you to remember her answer. Her reply is something that's going to basically bring the story's beginning and end together, and make the story so much better. So I need you to remember what she says to Jack's last question.

Bunnymund had told me to rest before dinner. It had been a long day, and according to North and Bunnymund, I needed to sleep. They figured I would be tired. 

He told me that one of them would come get me for dinner. 

I knew that I was supposed to be resting, just as Zero was, but I couldn't. It was night time. I've always had a hyperactive brain at night, or at all times, so it was always difficult for me to rest or take naps. I guess you could say I had minor ADD. The one benefit to my powers is I don't actually need to sleep, because I can enter a waking meditative state to regain strength. 

For me, there was just always something worth thinking about. 

But I do get tired easily. Zero's life-force is technically tied to mine, since he was a ghost from my own spirit, so we were very similar. Zero can't be out for more than a few hours, because he needs to rest, and I can't control him for more than a few hours without rest. Just having my dog here, with me, exhausts me.

The sun is another thing that exhausts me. That's why I usually stay in the catacombs during the day. I always just assumed it was because my uncle was the Man in the Moon, so I'd get stronger at night. 

During the night, I feel free. While the world slept, the most amazing things happen. I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars. In the latest hours on night, people are willing to pour their heart and soul out to anyone who would listen to them. The night has a strange, but wonderful, effect on people. 

I was once told; dreams don't have to exist while the sun's down and your eyes are closed. 

My thoughts drifted towards the cold wall, and then to Jack. I thought about how we were going to be left behind tonight, together. I thought of my apology to him. 

That weighted on my shoulders like a block of led. Something is going to go wrong. Something is going to go bad. It can't be that easy. Nothing is ever easy.

I looked around my room. After they showed me the room, and explained that I should stay here until they sort out things, I had immediately memorized every part of my room. 

Earlier, North explained how he had five, now six, rooms at the Pole for when the Guardians had to stay at the Pole. They were charmed to always be suited for the person staying there, and the Guardians only used them when something big was happening and they had to stay together. We were all here now, because I was new and they had Pitch to worry about. Each room was square, with one bed and a window. 

My room, in my opinion, was amazing. My room was white and black for the most part. The only light in my room came from a big crystal chandelier, which had immediately reminded me of the chandelier from the Palais Garnier. The crystals gave off a white glow, since the light was reflected from the constant view of the moon. The room was pretty basic, but yet elegant and pretty.