The Green Light

Author's note: a sad phanfic for y'all. Here's, "The Green Light"

Daniel always saw the green light. The green light that haunted him. The green light that had his destiny written in the air. He seemed to never run out of hope. Even when there was it was no where to be found. Daniel always had it. The green light never burned out. Just like his hope.

Daniel walked past the empty room. The room that once housed his best friend, his lover, his soul mate. Now the room is nothing but a void in his heart.

The green light still shines.

Daniel makes a cup of coffee. Although it's not his drink of choice, it reminds him of what could have been.

The blue chair, surrounded by the others, remains untouched, for months. Daniel passes it by and goes to the couch. The couch that both of them loved. Now only one takes a seat. Daniel turns on the TV and puts on one of the Star Wars. He shortly turns it off as it reminds him too much of his loss.

The green light flickers as Daniel sheds a tear.

His voice haunts Daniel. All he could ever want is to hear his voice again. The low voice that once belonged to his love.

Daniel walks back to his room after a little while. However, he takes a detour to Philip's room. The black space that was once filled with everything video game.

"It's all my fault." Daniel cries. He repeats those 4 words over and over again. Until they consume his body.

He walks to his bedroom and calypsos on the black and white bed. He looks at the picture on the bedside table. The blue eyes sparkle against the pale skin that once was his lover.

"Phil, I miss you so much." Daniel sheds a tear. He hasn't said his lovers name since he left. Daniel looks at the baby girl that Philip is holding. Their baby girl. "YOU TOOK HER AWAY FROM ME!" Daniel screams. He bursts into tears shortly after. How could he be mad at his own daughter.

Daniel wraps the black and white blanket around him. He embraces the warmth around the coldness that is his mind. His eyes grow heavier. His mind reaches absolute silence.

He falls asleep.

Hours and hours later, the young Brit wakes up. He looks at his favorite picture. The day his daughter was born. And now, he can't even see her.

"Emmy." Daniel whispers.

A tear leaves him. His daughter, the only thing that kept him going, gone. Gone forever.

She was his everything. From the very beginning, he promised to never let him go. His anger got the best of him.

Daniel picks up his phone and calls his ex-lovers. The first time he's spoken to him in a month.

"Phil, you can't keep her away from me."

"I can do what I want, Dan."

"She's our daughter. Not your's."

"Dan, she's one half me."

"SO? I'm the one who named her."

"And I regret it."

Daniel starts to cry. The hope he once had is almost gone. All he could ever want is Philip and his daughter.

Daniel gets dressed and walks down the long way to the subway. He gets on the train and takes the dreaded ride to the house of nightmares.

He walks to the supposed address and knocks on the door. He can hear the familiar sound of two voices in the background. He smiles.

"You took all this time to come here." Philip says, "Why."

"I wanted to do this." Daniel slams his lips on Phil's. Phil doesn't do anything but kiss him back. The lips of his first true love, "I know you still love me."

"Dan I do, but we can't be together. You're just too much."

"We came out together. We made Emmy together. We've been through so much and-"

"Dan, I can't be with you." Phil admits, "You are just too much."

"What if I get help?"

"You tried and still went back. I can't risk that. You hurt me and Emmy."

"You hurt me more."

"Dan, I want you to leave."

"Not without saying goodbye to Emmy. Alone."

"Fine. 5 minutes."

Dan wanders to Emmy's room. The pastel purple walls contrast the black accents. Truly Dan and Phil's child.

"Emily May, I love you so much and will one day see you again." Dan kisses the top of the 7 month old's head.

He sets her back in the black crib and leaves. He passes Phil without saying a word. He gets on the subway and returns home.

Dan gets undressed and opens his laptop. He looks through pictures of him and Phil. The last picture he looks at is Emmy on the day she was born.

"Emmy." Dan says before falling asleep.

The green light shines just enough. Daniel's hope has almost completely vanished. His lover and biological father of their daughter truly left him.

Told you.