Prologue

Natsu Dragneel. A face and body that officer Lucy knew all too well, but only wished to forget. The memory of him only brought pain and hurt, something she could do very well without. She sighed, walking into the public police station and avoiding the incarcerated few, knowing that he could be there all over again. She was here for business and business only, she had to deliver some paperwork from her station to the head of this department, nothing major.
As the session got wrapped up, Lucy was about to leave without even taking a glance towards the cell, and she would've been successful until she heard a loud bang against the bars of the cells themselves, which startled her. Immediately, she turned to face the cell out of pure impulse and there he was. The pink hair and the scaly looking scarf, there was no mistaking it. He had gotten himself jailed again from who knows what this time, and from the looks of it, he was the one that made the loud noise because he grinned slyly as Lucy turned to him. What did he have to be proud about? He should've been ashamed to have found himself in the same ole cell again but seems to show some sort of pride. That bastard simply made the loud noise to catch her attention, didn't he? Lucy scoffed before turning back towards the door and leaving the building, her fist remained clenched the entire time. Was this a joke to him? Did he even care about where his life was headed? Lucy was sure she had lost all hope in him, and if there was any left than someone would have to dig into her to find it. She shut her car door rather loudly, picturing how he looked just now. His cloth were torn, his skin seemed dirty, as if he was rampaging through mud, and several gang related tattoos covered him, at least she assumed they were gang related. He had turned into everything she hated, and hoped to stop in this city, a criminal.
The worst part of it all was, the papers she just turned in was about how she was going to be moving departments and work at this police station.