Science Partners

Marinette's POV

"Okay, class, calm down." Our teacher motioned for us to sit down. I always forget this substitute teacher's name, but she has short blonde hair, always wears a mini skirt and long sleeve tops completed with knee high boots. I know, seems teenager-ish, but she seems at maximum twenty years old. For the first time this year I was early. I was really tired though. Ever since my parents told me the news... 

"I said, sit down, CHLOE BURGUIOS!" (A/N idk, comment how to spell plss) I heard a shriek of excitement that interrupted my thoughts. "Okay, now if your ready, I would like to start my lesson." We all nodded our heads towards the teacher. "Good. Now, your teacher has told me you have been preparing for a new science project. The Branches Of Science (A/N I know nothing about that, it just popped up, soz... Don't expect to get any real information out of this btw)  Your teacher has also left me a list of who you will be working with."

"Chloe," I saw Chloe flash a smirk Adrien's way. And this is the weird part. I. didn't. care. I dismissed it. I completely shoved it to the side. C-could my feelings for Adrien be... fading away?? "You'll be with Max"

"WHAT?!?" Max and Chloe stood up together and yelled in unison. "I-I can't fail science because of a dumb brat!!" I was so surprised that came out of Max's mouth. I heard some sniggering from across the room. I turned to see Juleka and Rose laughing at Max's remark. "And I can't be caught with a massive nerd like him!" Chloe looked over at Adrien, who seemed to be pretty distant at the time, and back to Max. Her face lit up. "I should be with Adrien!" She slithered her way over to Adrien and took a quick glance back at me. Her sly smug look surprisingly urged to me to ignore her even more. "Adrien works best with me!" Adrien looked at her in disgust. "Ugh! No I don't!" I felt cold, hard eyes stare at me. But I was staring out the window now, just waiting for my name to be called.

Adrien's POV

"I-I can't fail science because of a dumb brat!!" I looked over to Max. My mouth dropped. Even though we all knew he was incredibly smart, and Chloe was..... the opposite... he had always kept to himself with how he felt, you probably could mistake him for a robot. I just wonder... I thought. How does he feel about the rest of us? 

I pushed my feelings aside as I smelt really strong perfume near me. "I should be with Adrien!" I frowned and turned my nose away. It was as if I could hear Plagg dying. I try to ignore Chloe at my best, because there's only one girl for me.... LADYBUGG 😍. "Adrien works best with me!" She burst my bubble of thoughts. I had had enough of her-h-her MIND GAMES!! I looked towards her in disgust. "Ugh! No I don't!" I retorted back. Something was missing. I looked towards Marinette, who usually would bud in, shutting Chloe down immediately. But nothing. She was staring out the window caught in her daydream. Mmmmmmm. I kinda miss that side of her.. I thought. Wait, where is this coming from?? I love Ladybug! But, Marinette's always been there... Well as Nino has told me. She's liked me for a while... And I never noticed.

My heart suddenly dropped. Does she still feel the same? I looked over back to the teacher, as she was talking again... Hmmm.... maybe I should visit her as Chat Noir... Yes, try out my new cat puns. PerFURBALLect! No, maybe, Purrr-incess... YES! Ahhh, she just loves my cat puns. I smiled to myself as Ms....uh, whatever her name is continued. 

"Chloe! Sit down! Your partner is Max and that is the end of it!"

"DO YOU KNOW WHO MY DADDY IS?!?!?!"

"Yes, and I have spoken to him, now SIT.DOWN." 

Chloe retreated to an empty table with Max. "Okay, now, Rose, your with Kim." Kim and Rose stood up awkwardly and blushed as they stood at an empty bench on the side of the room. Usually, Rose was all cheery and Kim, flexin'. I wonder what was up. "Uh, okay... Alya, Nino." Nino chuckled and stood up. He took Alya by the hand and they proceeded to and empty bench. They finally followed my advice. I winked at Nino. He winked back. "Juleka, Alix." 

"Yeah! Juleka!" Juleka eagerly stood up and high-fived Alix.

"Okay, Mylene, Ivan" 

Mylene awkwardly stood up and went over to the empty seat next to Ivan. Those two were made for each other. "Marinette," The teacher began. Marinette looked towards her with her bluebell eyes. Yes, I'm gonna get to be with Marinette! Part of me squealed. The rest of me stayed completely calm. "Nathaniel"  My mouth dropped in awe and jealousy.

I saw Nathaniel wink at Marinette and her blush back. D-d-d-d-did... I miss something??? He took her hand and I waited for her to push him off the way she did Chat Noir, but she took it and whispered something in his ear. He blushed and they walked to a bench. Sabrina came to my side and smiled sweetly.