Chapter 1

Carlie's P.O.V

I apply the last of the waterproof eyeliner and stuff it in my duffel bag. I let out one last sob, and then crawl out of my window.

I grab my guitar, skateboard, and phone then head down the street. I pull out my phone and call a cab, just wanting to get away from this hell hole I called home.

I sit on the curb and think about the people I could stay with. Aunt Charlie?

No.. She has kids. Uncle Donald?

Nah.. His wife's in a coma.

Drew?! Yes! He's perfectly free!

Well.. He's in a band now, but I could stay out of his way. The cab arrives and I get in, hoping my cousin is there.

Wesley's P.O.V.

I laugh as Keaton slips over the banana peel again. He's been acting like an idiot for the past ten minutes.

Drew just shakes his head, strumming away on his guitar. All a sudden the doorbell rings and I get up.

"Drew? Expecting someone, bro?" I ask. Drew shakes his head, "Nah, man.

You can answer it." I nod and continue my way to the door, flipping the locks. I open the door to find a very pretty,sad, crying, blonde girl holding a duffel bag and a guitar.

"H-hi? Is um is Drew Chadwick here?" She asks in a small voice. "Yeah.. Um, are you okay?" I open the door wider and let her in.

She looks down and just comes in. "CARLIE?!" Drew jumps up and yells.

"Oh my god! Wait, baby girl, are you doing alright? Is it your dad again?" He pulls the guitar and bag out of her hands and pulls her into a hug, while she cries into his chest. Keaton walks over to me and runs a hand through his hair.

Whenever girls cry, it makes him uncomfortable, he feels like he should help them even if it's out of his capability. I clap him on the back and give his shoulder a squeeze.

He shrugs out of my grasp and walks over to this Carlie. "H-hey, hon. Is she okay, Drew?" He rub the girl's back and looks up at Drew. Drew shakes his head and picks Carlie up.

Drew's P.O.V.

I carry Carlie over to the couch and slip off her heels. Wow, she used to be all tomboy.

Wonder, what happened to her... "Hey, baby girl. Talk to me please, Carlie." I stroke her hair and she looks up at me.

"M-m-y dad.. He- It's began again." She sobs out and she looks at me with tears in her eyes. I look down at her and whisper,"Go clean up and then we'll talk."

She nods and goes upstairs with her bag. "Do you still have my room fixed up from last time?" She yells down.

"Yep." I shout back. I huff and run my hands through my hair. Keaton and Wesley walk over,"Who's that, Drew?" Keaton asks.

"My cousin, Carlie. She's 17 and loves music. Skateboards, surfs, and sings wonderfully, but her dad isn't so nice. He's a alcoholic and he beats her off and on again. She's probably gonna stay with us for now on." I rush out.

Both of them nod and I hear Carlie come down again. This time with a huge black eye and her normal attire on.

Patchwork shorts and a shirt that shows just a little skin. I stand up, my fists bunched up.

"Did. He. Do. That.." I speak through my teeth, not wanting to yell. She nods and comes over to me,"Please, Drew, can we just forget about that for now? I wanna get it off my mind."

I nod and look over at my guitar. "Wanna sing Brown Eyes?" Her eyes brighten and she nods, running to her guitar.

Keaton's P.O.V.

I was already excited to get to know Drew's cousin. She's really pretty and looks like a lot of fun.

I was excited to hear her sing. Her and Drew were sitting side by side on stools.

Carlie's hands go over the guitar strings, picking up a beautiful tune. She opens her mouth and begins singing as Drew starts playing his gutair.

Carlie:

Don't know when I've become so blue

Don't know what's come over you

You've found someone new

And don't it make my brown eyes blue

Both:

I'll be fine when you're gone

I'll just cry all night long

Say it isn't true

And don't it make my brown eyes blue

Drew:

Tell me no secrets, tell me some lies

Give me no reasons, give me alibis

Tell me you love me, and don't make me cry

Say anything but don't say goodbye

Carlie:

I didn't mean to treat you bad

Didn't know just what I had

But, honey, now I do

And don't it make my brown eyes

Don't it make my brown eyes

Don't it make my brown eyes blue

Drew:

Don't it make my brown eyes blue

Both:

Don't it make my brown eyes blue

The song ended sweetly and quietly. I clap and smile,"You're really good, Carlie."

She blushes and tightens her ponytail,"Thanks, um.." "Keaton." I smile and she smiles back. "Thanks, Keaton." I nod and think this is a start of something amazing.