Chapter Two

Harry was barely even home anymore, on a constant search for his soul mate. He was starting to worry his parents. They told him rushing won’t help, and that he should let them find each other naturally.

But Harry is too eager. Their fridge is full since he insists on going to the supermarket every day to restock anything as soon as it runs out, in hopes of running into his soul mate there. He’ll sit in the park for hours, just watching passer-byers. He goes into several cafés, emptying his wallet over the buy-something-or-get-out policy that pretty much all of them had, and just watching over a newspaper at every single customer.

But now he’s starting to consider his mum’s advice. Should he wait it out and just let it happen? It could months, years, and he doesn’t know if he can wait that long.

But, he’s going to give it a try, he decides.

-

So far, not so good.

He’s tried casually waiting for a month, advised by his mum, but he’s itching to get out and try. Even though he’s still young, he feels as if he’s running out of hope. He’s aware that it could happen at any time, but he wants to feel loved now.

He told himself he wouldn’t get involved with anyone before finding his soul mate, but who knows how long that could take? He could try to make himself feel what he would feel with his soul mate, but with someone else until he found his soul mate.

But he usually doesn’t go back on self-promises, so he decides against it.

-

His parents found each other at an early age, when his mum was 24 and his father was 27. They were lucky to have found each other at an early age. And now, twenty three years later, they’re still together and happy as ever.

Which only makes him envious of them.

Harry’s Happy, of course he is, but he wants to experience what his parents get to. What so many other people he sees get to.

What’s even more frustrating is that he can feel a very faint, mild pull to someone near, which he was told meant his soul mate was close. You can’t tell exactly where, but the pull can happen within 50 miles, so it would be pointless to try and follow the pull.

The pull gets a bit stronger when you get closer and closer, but not a very noticeable amount until they’re right by you.

When Harry first felt this inexplicable feeling, he was ecstatic. He thought he was going to run into his soul mate that day. He was a but disappointed when his mum informed him that it wasn’t much, but it’s a good start for his age.

He thought that was better than nothing,

-

When he woke up in the morning the next day and stood in front of the mirror to fix his hair, he was really surprised to find another soul mate tattoo, since he recently got his third one.

It was two birds on either side of his collar bones, one a little bit smaller than the other. He thought they stood out a bit, something that was so private and personal to him was there for anyone to see, but he figured it was a good thing, too. It would help him get a better idea of what to look for on other people. Something to do with birds, obviously.

He hoped that getting another soul mate tattoo so soon was a good sign, if anything.

***************************************************************************

second chapter woo. So this one is dedicated to @MaeganMorrison , thanks for the lovely comment :))

I'm getting so much good feedback on this omg i love you all tysm for all the comments, votes, and reads. they mean a lot.

I have this story on ao3 too, under the same username I have on here. That's the only other place this story is btw, so if you see it anywhere else, please tell me. i've had some problems before of my fics being on other sites where i didn't put it.

next chapter will be out soon (tomorrow probs) bye

-Dee