19. Goodbye

((This chapter is going to be sad and has nothing to do with the plot progression of Erwin, Levi, and you. It's just a chapter to say goodbye to someone. Music is important))
~Your P.O.V.~

I don't feel like going to work today. After what happened yesterday I just want to stay home, relax, and watch anime. But, nowadays it seems like work has drowned me in its pool of drama. I walk to my kitchen and not to me surprise my six friends were already sitting on my dining table waiting for me to cook.

I wasn't surprised by this, "eggs or bacon?"

~Time skip~

The seven of us finished eating and it was still early in the morning like 6:30. After the dishes were done I laid down on the couch while the others were playing "Pokemon GO" around my building.

I see Chrysler sit on the end of the couch, "hey, (f/n), it seems like you don't want to go to work today. Do you want to?" He asks.

"I kind of don't want to"

"Why not?" He replies back.

"Because of what happened yesterday"

He gives a small laugh. "Like our old teacher has told us, don't let the past's problems become the future's to fix"

"And why are you all of a sudden poetic?"

"Because I-I..." Why is he stuttering? "I ate the cookies" I can feel the hesitation in his voice. He's hiding something.

"You're hiding something. I know you didn't eat the cookies because Nadine did it."

He puts both of his hands up "I-I promise you I'm not hiding anything!" I can still feel it in his voice he's hiding something.

~Chryslers P.O.V.~

I just found out last night. I can't tell them. It will only hurt them more. But, if I did, they will be working as hard as they can to cure this. But this is something they can't fix. It's irreversible. They're not going to find out anyways. I'll be long gone before they can know. My phone rings all of a sudden.

"Hold on (f/n). Just gonna take this call" I read who the person was and it's my doctor. I go to the washroom so nobody hears. "Hello, doc? Any news?"

"Actually Chrysler, bad news. Can you handle it?"

"Sure, I can take any news now since I have a few months left" I reply back.

"It's worse than we thought" after hearing those words tears just suddenly came. "The Cancer has developed into a stage that at any given moment the tumor could erupt, damaging your lungs and immediately killing you. Seven percent survival rate if treated after the eruption. Meaning, you could die any moment. If I were you I would tell them now. Someone like you in this situation needs the support of family"

I couldn't bear hearing those words. I smack the wall as tears continue to fall. It's too soon for me. Why did fate do this? Did it ever think I wanted to live a full life? Did fate ever think I wanted to have children and see them grow up? Did fate ever think I wanted (f/n) to be happy? Did fate never think that I want to one day see (f/n) walk down that aisle with the man of her dreams waiting by the altar? Fate never knew (f/n) is basically my best friend, sister, and family. I was wrong, I could possibly die today.

As the tears continue to fall and thoughts of sorrow come in I hear the doctor "Hello Chrysler?! You still with me?"

"Doc, I know I'm a doctor too" I reply still tears in my eyes.

"I'm sorry."

I wash my face to rid the tears but, they just kept on coming. I can't take this anymore. I throw my phone at the wall with all the strength I have. Looks like the others heard. I hear their footsteps rush to open the door.