ChApTeR oNe

Hi, my name is Tsukiko. I'm a B class hero living in City R. I dropped out of high school as freshman to become a hero. My academics are only so-so, but I'm slightly more confident in my fighting. In school, I'm just another average-looking girl with a limited future. How boring.

That was, until three years ago when an ad popped up in the corner of the manga reader website. It read: Become a hero today! Click here to find the nearest hero registration!

I immediately dropped school and headed to the test.

By the way, in case you are wondering, my parents don't care. I got so sick of their constant bickering that I just moved to my tiny two-room apartment as soon as I could. I figured I could make a living off of being a hero.

Score: 81 points

I JUST BARELY got in... T^T Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... They tested us physically, from 100-meter dashes to weight lifting. Maybe if there was a written exam, I would've gotten more points...

I started second-to-last in the C class ranks. Well, at least that's something. From there, I spend my summer catching purse-thieves, rescuing kittens stuck on trees, and knocking out random robbers.

Once, I got this guy who tried to rob a bank barehanded...using kendo. At first, it was great. My Tae Kwon Do verses his kendo... Of course, I was greater! I totally knocked him out in a nice, big hook kick! But then stupid Tank-Top Black Hole just had to show up and claim most of the credit. *Middle finger at his picture in the hero registration*

After a year, I finally moved up to B class. I don't have a hero name yet. Heck, I didn't even tell them my real name. I completely rejected the names they tried to give me, but seriously, who would want a crappy name like 'Tae Kwon Do Kicker' or 'Black-Haired Anonymous'?

Now, I'm sitting in bed, scrolling blankly through the hero registry on my computer.

S rank heroes:

Terrible Tornado

Puri-Puri Prisoner

Child Emperor

The King

...

That's my goal. My goal is for my face to show up in the S rank registry. I sighed. But that's a long way off. S class was added into the ranks recently; they are the true heroes.

I looked around my room for anything else to do. Usually, I would be out looking for crimes, but I figured that after leaving five robbers in front of the police station to deal with yesterday, I should be fine. Especially since I also returned an old lady's stolen purse three days prior.

That's when I heard a loud boom outside. A large, bright orange monster with three mouths full of sharp teeth and with three arms is standing chest deep in City R buildings. Just as I looked out the window to check out what's going on, the monster demolished an entire block of buildings in one minute with its bare hands.

"Hieek!" I shrieked. Immediately, I dove under the covers of my bed and laid there, shivering terribly. After roughly two minutes of continuous crashing sounds, I gathered up my courage, "Okay, Tsukiko, you are a hero." I told myself sternly, "You must go out here and save those poor civilians!"

I imagined myself as S ranked hero Terrible Tornado, staying as calm and serene as possible. I changed into my hero clothes(Black and white patterned blouse, black shorts, white sash, and black leggings.) On the day of hero registering, I just wore those casual clothes. Who knew that they would actually become my new hero clothes. A little plain, but oh well. Wonder where I would get backups.