Chapter 1

"He'll get his consciousness back in a few days." The doctor said to Steve as he plugged all the machines into James to help his body regain the rhythm of his vital organs.

Steve nodded and sat beside his best friend.

"It was brave what you did, Bucky..." Said Steve as he stared at the multiple tubes feeding his friend. Steve chuckled and then looked at his friend. "We finally found a treatment that might help you." He said as he tapped the tubes. "Some specialists are coming in a few days to build you another arm... I know..." Steve said as he smiled at James. "Stark payed for it. Crazy right?" Steve said as he finally sat down beside the bed.

"...You know... I was like this for sixty years... I'm just hoping you'll take less time." He said already missing his friend's assuring eyes. Steve smiled as he remembered those stunning eyes of Bucky's. His smile suddenly disappeared when he remembered that he didn't know when he would see those hypnotizing eyes again.

_________________________________________________________________________

"Hey, what's going on?" Steve said trying to stop someone from walking out the waiting room and making them explain.

"Doctor we need you in urgencies at room 248." A lady said.

"Room 248?! That's Bucky!" Steve said unable to contain his anxiety.

Steve took a doctor by the neck of his shirt in desperation. "Tell me what's going on right now!!"

"Pa-patient James Ba-ba-barnes..." The doctor said sweating.

"What about him?!" Steve said after violently pushing the doctor into a wall while still firmly grabbing his shirt.

"He's- he's-"

"He's what God damn it?!" Steve said getting more impatient with each second.

"He's having violent convulsions. He might die if you don't let me go." The doctor said trying to act calm.

Steve let go of the doctor not moving a muscle other than the ones in his hand while the doctor went to the room in a sprint, more decided to save his life than the patient's. Steve just stared at the wall blankly. Just the thought of losing Bucky made him sweat cold. He could not live without him.

_________________________________________________________________________

James opened his eyes after 3 months of having them shut. He turned to his left where there was a sound emerging. It was in the bathroom. "Someone's in there." He thought. He looked at all the tubes connected to his body. It didn't take long for him to catch up... He was finally awake. He looked at his right. "There he is." He thought. "He's gonna break something." He said to himself as he watched how uncomfortable Steve was sleeping on a chair. Steve smiled and then heard a door open. He looked to his left again to see Natasha standing there paralyzed. He smiled slightly as he saw her break a smile.

_________________________________________________________________________

"...So people still think you caused the terrorist attack at the United Nations. Many want you dead St. Barnes." Natasha said. "That's why Stark afforded a house on the woods with the one condition that Steve would look after James and live with him."

"Looks like someone's conscious is getting cleaned up." Bucky said looking at his new arm also afforded by Tony Stark.

_________________________________________________________________________

Steve and Bucky finally arrived at their retreat house. Steve started unpacking and Bucky just left to explore the house.

"Hey! Need some help here..." Steve said as he unloaded another box.

"Buck?" He said as he heard no response. He turned around after the second silence to see no one nearby. "Buck?" Steve said as he looked around.

"Here you are... How would you expect me to find you up here?" He said as he sat down next to him at the edge of the roof.

"I didn't expect you to." Bucky said not looking away from the sunset.

"That's the first thing you've said since we got out the hospital. I was worried you were gone mute." He said as he gently bumped his friend's shoulder.

Bucky chuckled and kept staring at the sunset. "I've always liked sunsets." He said before finally turning to see Steve closer than what he was expecting.

Steve suddenly saw himself wrapped around James' dreamful eyes that seemed like they were getting closer and closer.

Steve suddenly felt how Bucky's lips touched him gently.

"Bu-Bucky" Steve said blushing and unable to think.

Bucky smiled slightly and kissed Steve again. Steve finally kissed him back. Bucky leaned in making Steve lay on his back as he got on top of him while still kissing...And they never stopped... not until the sunset disappeared...