Chapter 7

I wake up in an unfamiliar, brightly lit room. Lainey's face hovers over me, her eyes concerned. I nod my head to show her that I'm okay, even though my head is throbbing painfully. She backs away and in her place is the creature. "Why hello there." The creature, Gastrone grinned a nasty grin. "Since you are my newest slave, you shall need a job! Hmmmm, what other jobs do I have open. . . Oh yes, you can be a cleaning girl! You shall clean each and everyone of the 200 rooms until they are spotless. You will have one week to clean all of it, and if you don't finish in time, then you shall be severally punished! Ooooh, doesn't that sound like fun?" I stare at the creature. He can't be serious! I have to clean 200 rooms in only one week?? Over and over again?? This can't be happening! Well at least I'll have a chance to search for clues about the rocks. "Now, back to your own room for now! You start work tomorrow!" He tells Lainey to knock me out again. She looks at me apologetically and raises the rock. Right before she brings it down on my head, I hear Gastrone mutter gleefully, "I hope she fails, so I can try out my new torture device!" He laughs maniacally and Lainey brings the rock down on my forehead.

~~~~~

I wake up once again in my now familiar hole. My head is throbbing worse and my heart pounds in fear from what I heard Gastrone saying. I sit up and look around for Lainey, but she's gone. There's a bowl of steaming soup with a spoon resting next to it. I drag my body over to the bowl and grasp the spoon.

Once I finish the soup, I feel much better. My head doesn't throb nearly as bad, and my body doesn't feel as heavy anymore. I swear, Lainey's soup has magical powers!

I walk back to my line of rocks and stare at them, hoping some sort of clue will jump out at me, but nothing happens. I move the diamond and star rock around, switching them back and forth, putting one above the other, and making a bigger space between the two stones. Nothing changes. "What are you doing, dearie?" I whirl around to see Gastrone leaning against the wall of my hole. "What do you want with me??" I cry. Gastrone just leers at me. "What I want is for you to be my slave for the rest of your miserable little life! Speaking of, you start tomorrow. I will inject a serum into you, so that you can travel between rooms without being unconscious." Gastrone twirls his fingers around and an old fashioned needle appears. "Why are you using a needle? The last time those were used was 200 years ago. Now you can use the faser in the place of needles." I asked, curiosity overwhelming my fear. "Shut it." Gastrone replies. He sticks the needle into his own arm and sucks some of his brown blood into the needle. He steps towards me, holding the needle in his hand. "Ewwww!!! I won't let you put that stuff into my body!" I scream and back away into the far wall. " Unfortunately for you, you don't have a choice." He comes at me with the needle raised. I kick at him, but he waves his free hand and suddenly I can't move. I can't even wriggle my fingers. I start to panic as he comes closer and closer. I open my mouth to protest, but I can't. He sticks the needle into my arm, and the brown liquid gets pushed into my own bloodstream.